Apex Designs Brand Logo

Hurricane1183

Recently I've been asked to design a lot of shirts for all the clubs around my school and also the athletic department. I've been doing them for free, but i realized many of them are making money off of my designs. So my friend and I decided to team together to sell our designs to not only those in the community, but try to expand to surrounding communities as well. We decided on the name Apex Designs and went to work on the logos. A lot of our designs are made for various sports so we wanted the logo to be bold and easy to remember. This logo will mainly be seen online, on shirts, and any other marketing materials we use. Here's what we came up with. Please leave any comments or constructive criticism you have. Thanks!

1438181959-U15848.png

You are called Apex Designs, but you emphasize a downward pointing arrow. Wouldn't it make more sense to emphasize the peak of the logo? Maybe the negative space in the A that could represent an upward arrow?

Exactly...

Why would a company with the name "APEX" have a down arrow for their logo.... Doesn't make sense. It is LITERALLY the exact opposite of what Apex means!

You are called Apex Designs, but you emphasize a downward pointing arrow. Wouldn't it make more sense to emphasize the peak of the logo? Maybe the negative space in the A that could represent an upward arrow?

Exactly...

Why would a company with the name "APEX" have a down arrow for their logo.... Doesn't make sense. It is LITERALLY the exact opposite of what Apex means!

The point of the triangle (arrow now that you point it out) was meant to fill the space in the shape and make room for a second color in the logo. I tried extending the legs down in the shape and removing the arrow but it just didnt look right. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem

Exactly...

The point of the triangle (arrow now that you point it out) was meant to fill the space in the shape and make room for a second color in the logo. I tried extending the legs down in the shape and removing the arrow but it just didnt look right. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem

Took a stab at it:

EHAxSXd.png

• 2 weeks later...

as much as i love a letter-over-upsidedown-triangle-inside-a-containing-shape logo, i really like the direction CreamSoda has taken this. you have an "A" and the Apex name; you're set up to do a really cool icon here, not just a boring letter insert.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived