800+ TEAM NICKNAMES

LAWeaver

JEEPS

Seeing this reminds me of another one of my favorite Indiana high school nicknames, the Speedway Sparkplugs.

This is great. Well done, man.

Added Sparkplugs. You're right; that IS a cool nickname!

So glad everyone is enjoying this list. Maybe one of these days I can actually make a database-type website. For now though, this seems to be working quite nicely.

EDIT: also added:

GIRAFFES

GAZELLES

GORILLAS

ARACHNIDS

OCTOPI

BILLIKENS

... and a bunch more. I'm up to 590 names, so it's only a matter of time before I have to switch the name to 600+ Nicknames ;)

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd add Stronghold, Flamingos, Hilltoppers to this list. This is a very helpful idea. Thanks for putting in the work on this.

I believe I already have Flamingos on there, but once I'm back to the desktop, I'll edit the list and add Hilltoppers and Stronghold.

Also: OVER 600 NICKNAMES REACHED! :lol:

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Some suggestions for additions to the 500+ Team Nicknames spreadsheet...

Apollos
Brawlers
Centaurs
Clams
Clamdiggers
Clammers
Cutthroats
Diggers
Freedom
Hellions
Goldpanners
Ironclads
Liberators
Pearls
Posse
Quahoggers
Quicksilvers
Rocs
Salamanders
Showboats
Tiger Sharks
Timberjacks
Wendigos

Thanks Brian! I received your PM and was in the middle of adding those when I saw that you posted here. I see that you've added 1-2 more to your original list. I can assure you that all of these are in the process of being added to the list! Thank you for your contribution! :)

My high school has a unique one- the Tartars.

https://m2.behance.net/rendition/pm/14453021/disp/463dbbc46aef0acfc9307c95c746f5e9.png

Another odd high school nickname is the Rock-a-chaws:

http://ststan.com/about/rock-a-chaw/

Thanks for your contribution! I will add both of them despite Rock-a-shaws being a little too off-the-wall for my taste, but since this IS a public list, I guess someone will enjoy that nickname and use it in some way, shape, or form. :)

Thanks to everyone else who has contributed to this thread as well! I know that I've added over 100 new nicknames just since I posted this list on Thursday. That's about 16-17 new names added PER DAY!

Great list of names here i looked and did not see this one which was used in Joliet, Illinois for the former Northern League baseball team the Jackhammers. Also the old UHL team the Danbury Trashers. yes Trashers. I think the owner of the team also owned a waste removal company and the logo was a trash can wielding a hockey stick. Can't forget the Banana Slugs in college sports. Look forward to seeing more on here. Are you including any concept or fantasy team names or just real team names?

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

Great list of names here i looked and did not see this one which was used in Joliet, Illinois for the former Northern League baseball team the Jackhammers. Also the old UHL team the Danbury Trashers. yes Trashers. I think the owner of the team also owned a waste removal company and the logo was a trash can wielding a hockey stick. Can't forget the Banana Slugs in college sports. Look forward to seeing more on here. Are you including any concept or fantasy team names or just real team names?

I know that there are quite a few names on the list that are from concepts and/or fantasy teams, such as Rhythm, Quahogs, and 58's, just to name a few.

HOWEVER, I do have the right to deny any nicknames that may be considered inappropriate. If you want a team with a raunchy name, make it yourself. Trying to keep it as close to PG as possible here, people ;)

I will be sure to add JACKHAMMERS and TRASHERS to the list when I hop on my desktop later. Thank you for your contribution! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is a fantastic resource!

Can I suggest the names of the AFL and NRL Teams in Aus? A lot of these will probably be there.

Crows

Lions

Blues

Magpies

Bombers

Dockers

Cats

Suns

Giants

Hawks

Demons

Kangaroos

Power

Tigers

Saints

Swans

Eagles

Bulldogs

Broncos

Raiders

Cowboys

Titans

Sea Eagles

Storm

Knights

Eels

Panthers

Sharks

Rabbitohs (Rabbits)

Dragons

Roosters

Warriors

PORT%20HEART%20RESIZED_zpsgkfpdxg1.png

Port Adelaide Football Club. Winning Premierships since 1870.

Archived