NBA Rebrand :: Sonics Added! - 31/31

derschwigg

I've been following this topic pretty closely because I love most of these but this Clips one doesn't scream "primary". It looks like a good logo to go on the shorts near the knee and would be a strong secondary but something feels missing from it to be deemed the primary for the team. Still much better than the NBA Live logo that they use now though

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like what you're doing with the Heat, but the red and orange definitely need lightened up. You've gotta have bright an vibrant colors for a bright and vibrant city like Miami. 

I like the Clips primary, but the script seems a bit too italicized. Maybe pull it to the left a bit.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Heat looks great, other than the orientation.. My first thought was that it was melting/dripping (which I guess IS the result of heat..), rather than flaming/burning I think you're going for.. I know it would be closer to their current to flip it vertically, but it would convey the fire imagery and evoke that sense of heat better imo

On February 6, 2016 at 9:42 PM, WavePunter said:

Heat looks great, other than the orientation.. My first thought was that it was melting/dripping (which I guess IS the result of heat..), rather than flaming/burning I think you're going for.. I know it would be closer to their current to flip it vertically, but it would convey the fire imagery and evoke that sense of heat better imo

I have to agree, flames don't go downward like that.  It does look confusing; I was thinking that there must have been some hidden image in the ball for you to have oriented it with upside-down flames, but I couldn't find it.  (Am I missing something?)

award%20sig.png

On 2016. 2. 6. at 0:42 PM, WavePunter said:

I also thought it looked like melting candle wax, and the outermost flames on each side give me the feeling of octopus tentacles. To me it's not just that the flames are upside down that's confusing, it's also that flames are usually depicted as sharp and pointy flares, while these flames are rounded.

7 hours ago, jaha32 said:

I also thought it looked like melting candle wax, and the outermost flames on each side give me the feeling of octopus tentacles. To me it's not just that the flames are upside down that's confusing, it's also that flames are usually depicted as sharp and pointy flares, while these flames are rounded.

Agree with this. The rounded corners are the problem. Drop both outlines (black and orange) and treat it like the Carolina Panthers did with their update: no keyline at all. Just display the elements by themselves on any background. On a red background, you could change the ball/flames to orange and the highlights to white.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

On 2/7/2016 at 4:53 AM, jaha32 said:

Octopodes (or octopuses) don't have tentacles.. they have arms ;)

Much better imo, though I'd like to see it with some of the orange highlights (just to compare). Flipping the orientation also helps a lot. But what you've got now is much more flame-like, and the simplicity makes it 10x more "iconic." 

14 hours ago, ahowe6464 said:

This concept could definitely be an upgrade from what they currently have, but it has the same problem as the Clippers. They both scream "secondary."

Agree 100%. I love the colors and the style is great, but it feels like there's not enough imagery in the OKC logo to function as a primary. Wordmark, however, is just about perfect.

Archived