NBA Rebrand :: Sonics Added! - 31/31

derschwigg

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, timberwolf said:

It looks good but the colours aren't the best. I'd suggest a navy blue, their current gold, and some light blue accents (?).

I was noticing that - the colors look like they've shifted a bit in the save-out, mostly the yellow looks more "green" than it should.

Here's a second go.

Warriors2.png.ef5ef5b83856c890afe28bd649

On 12/2/2016 at 10:52 PM, derschwigg said:

I will see what I can do for making the Thunder and Clippers more "primary" style marks. But meanwhile...

Nets.png

Better than the original. Clap, clap, clap, congratulations!!

whereicomefrom.png

I like the Warriors, but it does seem rather flat compared to the other rebrands. Honestly, my initial thought was "Needs another color."

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Something about the composition of this Warriors logo reminds me of OKC's logo with a ball inside a shield, oblique text, and a swoosh line behind it. I don't mean it in a bad way either since I know we all hate the Thunder's logo, whereas I like what you've done here with a hint of Native American imagery from their original logo. The color palette is also much simpler than OKC's overly colorful logo.

I like the sense of motion in the text and underline swoosh. If you could somehow get the GOLDEN STATE text to interact with the background shield better and not cover the feathers on the right side, I think it would be a step in the right direction.

How would this look on a dark background by the way? Would the blue and yellow be inverted or does this have a yellow outline?

On 3/10/2016 at 1:12 AM, jaha32 said:

Something about the composition of this Warriors logo reminds me of OKC's logo with a ball inside a shield, oblique text, and a swoosh line behind it. I don't mean it in a bad way either since I know we all hate the Thunder's logo, whereas I like what you've done here with a hint of Native American imagery from their original logo. The color palette is also much simpler than OKC's overly colorful logo.

I like the sense of motion in the text and underline swoosh. If you could somehow get the GOLDEN STATE text to interact with the background shield better and not cover the feathers on the right side, I think it would be a step in the right direction.

How would this look on a dark background by the way? Would the blue and yellow be inverted or does this have a yellow outline?

I'll see what I can do with the wordmark interaction - good idea. My intent was that it would simply color swap - the blue becomes the yellow, or it could even become a white.

I was on Dribbble the other day and took a cue from Aurélien Mahaut for the next team - here's the new look Bulls.

Bulls.png

Wow, the Bulls are easily your best logo yet. The rendering of the bull is fantastic, the composition is really strong, and the star in the A is a really clever touch. I also like how the light blue works with the red and black.

I have one tiny nitpick...the I in Chicago and the left side of the U in Bulls don't quite line up. With how close it is, and since other letters line up, I would try to work that out.

It's too bad bad the Bulls have one of the strongest identities in the NBA...if this were a new team your logo would be perfect.

Lots of work going into this series!  I think your Texas team concepts are the strongest (Spurs, Rockets, Mavs).  The skull concept for the Mavs is very strong.  The mission styling for the Spurs is a good idea.  The Pistons concept is pretty strong also.  It has a good mix of old and new.

Archived