NBA Rebrand :: Sonics Added! - 31/31

derschwigg

Hey again! This one is a bit of a departure for me, as it's the first one I've ever really repurposed a logo. I cleaned up a good deal of the line work and, I feel, really modernized the feel of the logo without terribly destroying it. I may revisit the team for a more "clean slate rebrand" like I've been doing for some time now, but I'm really happy with how this one turned out. Subtle as the changes may be, I assure you, it is a new logo.

Here's the faux-back Celtics!

JU4DhOn.png

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I would've eliminated all the gold from the Celtics logo, but you did a great job on updating a classic. With the Raptors it doesn't make sense how the neck has a more flowing look while the head has a very boxy 90s look. I'm also not a fan of the wordmark, it looks like something out of a spiderman movie. But that could be the black backround.

I think the smooth look still looks menacing enough, but it looks strange right now because the eye, mouth, and lower jaw are still boxy. If you really like the boxy look, you could go in the opposite direction and extend that to the neck instead of smoothing the head. I think I'd prefer the smooth look because, as JTswag187 said, the boxy look feels a little outdated, but I think either would be ok as long as it's consistent.

CottonBowl_zpsc664d73a.png

4vAzk2u.png

Star championship signature credit to packerfan21396

IMO the raptor's neck extends too far. I also don't really think you need the 2 jagged points to it. I'd say simplify the neck down to one short swoosh and it'll improve.

The yellow you've picked for the Lakers looks a little greenish to me. Was that intentional? I think making it a more gold hue would be nicer.

I love the Suns wordmark, it looks very classy.

Archived