NBA Rebrand :: Sonics Added! - 31/31

derschwigg

I think making the rocket larger and aligning it with the center seam would improve this, although you'd probably have to rotate the ball downward a tad.

You might also be able to add some texture to the ball to make it look more like the moon.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

These are incredible! You're going somewhere. I don't want to be nitpick-y, but the NBA has that silly rule with primary logos are required to have a basketball somewhere, as well as the wordmark.. Most of them you fit basketballs in well, but I just wanted to point those rules out, as some of your logos would have to be revised. Ever thought about creating your own studio?

SB%2001%2003%2004%2015_zpsuc4ldp3t.pngNBA%20All_zpsgzk5pipt.pngSC%2029%2039%2041%2070%2072%2011_zpspiuwWS%2003%2012%2015%2016%2018%2004%2007%20

These are incredible! You're going somewhere. I don't want to be nitpick-y, but the NBA has that silly rule with primary logos are required to have a basketball somewhere, as well as the wordmark.. Most of them you fit basketballs in well, but I just wanted to point those rules out, as some of your logos would have to be revised. Ever thought about creating your own studio?

That's incorrect. There has to be a basketball in at least one mark of a team's logo package, but not necessarily in the primary or even wordmark logos. Just check Atlanta's relatively new roundel logo: No basketball.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

That's incorrect. There has to be a basketball in at least one mark of a team's logo package, but not necessarily in the primary or even wordmark logos. Just check Atlanta's relatively new roundel logo: No basketball.

Oh, that makes more sense now. But you still need the name in the primary, no?

SB%2001%2003%2004%2015_zpsuc4ldp3t.pngNBA%20All_zpsgzk5pipt.pngSC%2029%2039%2041%2070%2072%2011_zpspiuwWS%2003%2012%2015%2016%2018%2004%2007%20

Having never seen that until just now, I can assure you it's 100% coincidental. Great minds, I guess! But what about the most recent additions? Any more on those (thanks for the love so far!)?

Ummm, I have to admit If find the odds of our concepts both using a front facing steer skull, an "M" in the nostril cavity, AND a star on the forehead? All 3? Slim at best. It's hard to believe.

On the other hand? I've personally seen two (more established than I am) designers arrive at the exact same solution without seeing each other's work. So it is possible. And I have no proof you did anything wrong at all. So it's settled as far as I'm concerned. And I'll tell you another reason why... Because even if you DID see mine at some point since I posted it in May 2013? Even if you did? You didn't infringe on my work. Our works share the same scope/parameters/ideas and details. But they do NOT share any DNA. One is not derived from the other. It's as if we saw the same project brief and simply handled it differently.

I will tell you though...one difference I can promise you between our two ideas is that mine is already copyrighted. I took the time to do so before ever trolling Mr Cuban with it 2.5 years ago. I learned my lesson a long LONG time ago. If you wanna post revisions of existing work? That's fine...no need to protect yourself there. But don't post anything truly original and potentially valuable without securing it first.

Word to the wise.

His looks more like a skull. Look at the horns, very different. The overall composition is different, and his has more soft colors than yours.

tinysig.jpg

Archived