Go Red Sox!

354-1_zpszujuav8l.png

Hi guys,

i'm a long-time Bears fan and never really liked the 1999 overhauled version of their old alternate logo. So here is my version of it, including new wordmarks. Still a heavy, extended typeface, but more modern than the old one. I kept it very simple. No spikes or whatsoever.

UPDATE 8/4: Added details to the bear's pupils

Chicago%20Bears%20alternate%20logo%20nav

Chicago%20Bears%20alternate%20logo%20whi

Chicago%20Bears%20wordmarks_zpsu8bi67bh.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is really good. I like the modern feel, and it is definitely an upgrade. I think that, however, this would be a good primary, and a more modern looking "C" would have to be the alternate mark. That's how good this logo is.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Something about those eyes are just........off. (**)(**)(**)(**)(*.5)

They are far better, in my view, than the round (fearful?) eyes in the original. Adding some hint of reflection or pupil may help to resolve the "off" look.

I risk offending traditionalists, but I could see this superimposed on the white version of the football-shaped C, as a helmet logo.

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

Love it all, Go Red Sox! The updated bear is great. I like that you kept the same general shape as the original and that you made it orange-heavy, since it'll be on blue and white backgrounds most often. The wordmarks are solid too. Same feel, but with a more modern typeface. My only suggestion would be adding a touch of white to the eyes just to see how it looks.

Archived