My High School Nike Redesign

NH4

I like it! It's creative, clean and simple. The only thing I would do is, instead of rounding out the edges, make them sharp and bold to flow with the "faster" look you want.

Thanks. And yeah the curved edges was the biggest issue I had with it. Being the first logo I've created I'm not sure how to make them not rounded. I just added a stroke to the inside part and stroke on photshop is almost always curved.

Yeah, photoshop always curves strokes unless they are inner strokes. So to make them sharp, I draw them in with lines or small rectangles. It takes a bit of time but is worth it when you have a logo like yours. The curves really detract from your otherwise sharp logo. I would also suggest you thicken up the strokes. Looking at it again, your primary mark has a thicker stroke than your alternates. The alternates (especially the white ones on the white background) look weak with the tiny strokes.

P.S. That is a great high school logo. You updated it nicely, but special kudos to whoever designed the ANLbolt logo in the first place.

How is this? I took your advice and thickened the stroke and drew rectangles for the sharp edges. If this looks good, I'll post the alternates. Thanks to both of you for the feedback.

Primary%20logo_zpscvvtkstv.png

And about the real logo; it's very clever and I wish I knew who designed it. What I realized is all 3 of the Appleton high schools have logos that are a combination of letters. East has AE and West has AW. I'm guessing it's more than just coincidence and the same person or people designed all of them.

The stroke looks much better. The thing that catches my eye now is that the spur on the L/N leg is blocked off. I understand why you did it--it would probably look odd if the point extended to the A, but it does look odd now too. I don't know which would look better, but it might be nice to see it both ways.

Yeah the point would've gone into the A like you said so that's why I chopped it off. But here it is and I honestly don't know which one I like better now.

Primary%20Logo%202.0_zpstxi0qkjt.png

The kitten is cute, but I don't think it works as a logo. :upside:

award%20sig.png

I like it! It's creative, clean and simple. The only thing I would do is, instead of rounding out the edges, make them sharp and bold to flow with the "faster" look you want.

Thanks. And yeah the curved edges was the biggest issue I had with it. Being the first logo I've created I'm not sure how to make them not rounded. I just added a stroke to the inside part and stroke on photshop is almost always curved.

Yeah, photoshop always curves strokes unless they are inner strokes. So to make them sharp, I draw them in with lines or small rectangles. It takes a bit of time but is worth it when you have a logo like yours. The curves really detract from your otherwise sharp logo. I would also suggest you thicken up the strokes. Looking at it again, your primary mark has a thicker stroke than your alternates. The alternates (especially the white ones on the white background) look weak with the tiny strokes.

P.S. That is a great high school logo. You updated it nicely, but special kudos to whoever designed the ANLbolt logo in the first place.

How is this? I took your advice and thickened the stroke and drew rectangles for the sharp edges. If this looks good, I'll post the alternates. Thanks to both of you for the feedback.

Primary%20logo_zpscvvtkstv.png

And about the real logo; it's very clever and I wish I knew who designed it. What I realized is all 3 of the Appleton high schools have logos that are a combination of letters. East has AE and West has AW. I'm guessing it's more than just coincidence and the same person or people designed all of them.

The stroke looks much better. The thing that catches my eye now is that the spur on the L/N leg is blocked off. I understand why you did it--it would probably look odd if the point extended to the A, but it does look odd now too. I don't know which would look better, but it might be nice to see it both ways.

Yeah the point would've gone into the A like you said so that's why I chopped it off. But here it is and I honestly don't know which one I like better now.

The kitten is cute, but I don't think it works as a logo. :upside:

Haha sorry about that. It worked when I uploaded it. But here it is:

I actually prefer this one to the chopped off stroke. The fact that the strokes run together doesn't bother me as much as the inconsistency in the stroke in the previous logo.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. It doesn't bother me as much as I thought. Thanks for helping me out.

And here is what started the whole concept off, the football field.

Football%20Field_zpsgcld2bjy.png

And also basketball uniforms

Uniforms_zpsjnguzez8.png

Kept it simple with a single stripe with an outline on the jersey and then it turning into a lightning bolt on the shorts. C&C is appreciated as always and especially on this because I really had no idea what to make for a basketball jersey even though I play basketball and can make jerseys for other teams. I just didn't know how to make it look good.

• 7 months later...

Hey guys sorry for bumping a thread that's been dead for 6 months but something came up. Recently the girl's basketball team qualified for the state tournament and like all teams, they made their own shirts. When my sister showed me the shirt, what caught my eye right away is that they used my updated logo without my permission:

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.29ce64900a6986fIMG_2488.thumb.JPG.fd995771d667570d24e90

My question is what I should do about them? Seeing as they have already printed out close to 200 of these shirts it's impossible for them to stop selling or print new ones. I really don't care about making money off the shirts but I would like some notorioty for them (but money would be nice too). I still have all the sketches and the original files to help back up my story. I know without pattening or watermarking the logo it might be hard to do. The athletic department didn't make these shirts, it was a relative of the coach. So should I email the athletic department or the coach about it? Or is there nothing I can do at this point? Thanks guys!

I'm not quite sure, however, I don't think there's any harm in emailing someone. I'm sure there's lots of people here who have more expertise on such matters than myself. In fact, there is an entire thread dedicated to stolen work, in the General Design section I believe. You might want to post this there as well.  Good luck!

2 hours ago, ujju2 said:

I'm not quite sure, however, I don't think there's any harm in emailing someone. I'm sure there's lots of people here who have more expertise on such matters than myself. In fact, there is an entire thread dedicated to stolen work, in the General Design section I believe. You might want to post this there as well.  Good luck!

Ok cool thank you!

Archived