New Penn State Academic Logo

JayMac

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a goofy-looking cougar. Looks like he is trying to hold back a laugh. Almost looks Joker-ish.

The old logo was far better with no reason to update it, other than being desperate to repair their image.

87Redskins.png

While I do think the old one was extremely outdated, I'm not really a fan of the new logo. The lion looks surprised... I kinda wish they just updated the Lion Shrine instead of going with a whole new lion head.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Umm not a good move.

The font doesn't look like a university's. The Lion looks bad. Just not a good rendering.

I understand why they went with the font they did, it's a part of the modernization initiative that the campus has been undergoing for years, even before all the crap that happened in 2011. A lot of the newer buildings they have completed have a more modern feel and the font kind of matches that. That being said, I agree that they could've chosen a font that better matched the historical identity of the school while modernizing.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Temple alum? Temple alum.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Looks like an insurance company now, at least to my eyes. The font and the shield shape probably do that.

Because if there's one way to slough off the remains of your academic and athletic scandals, it's modeling your brand after a bastion of trust and integrity - the American financial sector.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I think the cougar is counfused.

Looks like an insurance company now, at least to my eyes. The font and the shield shape probably do that.

YtzLPfU.png

Man,PennState should had been an insurance company because of that.

Also,you ripped off Allstate's motto.

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

I finally figured out what this reminds me of.

2572.png

It's like the logo they unveiled in the early 2000's that they tried hard to push. This will probably last just as long.

I finally figured out what this reminds me of.

[image removed]

It's like the logo they unveiled in the early 2000's that they tried hard to push. This will probably last just as long.

I said the exact same thing when I saw it this morning. Revival of the failed '90s "Pride" series of athletic marks.

I think the cougar is counfused.

YtzLPfU.png

Man,PennState should had been an insurance company because of that.

Also,you ripped off Allstate's motto.

That's the joke, bud!

Anyway, I think the thing that's bugging me is that the lion doesn't have pupils.

Archived