Interesting Sports Facts and Statistics

fouhy12

The Houston Texans have beaten every team in the NFL at least once, expect for the Vikings and Eagles.

Then they didn't beat every team in the NFL then.

Hey! Caleb Joseph hit for the cycle today, except for the triple!

Seriously, your "facts" have been refuted multiple times and have been posted over and over and over again. As a member and especially as a moderator, I'm telling you, stop posting in this thread a half dozen times a day especially when nobody else has replied between your posts. Also, try fact checking.

• Like 12

VmWIn6B.png

• 4 weeks later...

Brian Stork is the first player of both my favourite teams, Seminoles + Patriots, to win back to back championships via NCAA + NFL.

#mindblown

Incredibly(?) he's only the 5th player to ever accomplish the feat...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24999609/

William Floyd FSU + SF

Courtney Upshaw Alabama + BAL

Randall Gay LSU + NE

Tony Dorsett Pitt + DAL

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

• 3 weeks later...

In North Carolina's win over Georgia Tech this past Saturday, Marquise Williams was UNC's leader in passing yards, rushing yards....and receiving yards. In the same game!

134 yards passing, 148 yards rushing (most rushing attempts in the game by a UNC player), and one catch on a reverse-pass play from a WR throwing the ball for 37 yards, one yard more than the player with the 2nd-most receiving yards.

Since the LDS became the norm in 1995, this is the first year where none of the original American League teams are represented in that round.

This will also be just the third time in American League history where none of the original 8 teams will be represented in the ALCS. The two previous years were 1982 (Angels vs Brewers) and 1985 (Blue Jays vs Royals).

There has also never been a World Series where a team that was active in 1901 wasn't involved.

Since LDS became the norm in 1995, this is the first year where none of the original American League teams are represented in that round.

This will also be just the third time in American League history where none of the original 8 teams will be represented in the ALCS. The two previous years were 1982 (Angels vs Brewers) and 1985 (Blue Jays vs Royals).

There has also never been a World Series where a team that was active in 1901 wasn't involved.

Took me until "American League" in the first sentence before I realized you weren't talking about Mormons.

I really was intrigued as to why 1995 was so important to Latter-Day Saints.

• Like 2

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

In North Carolina's win over Georgia Tech this past Saturday, Marquise Williams was UNC's leader in passing yards, rushing yards....and receiving yards. In the same game!

134 yards passing, 148 yards rushing (most rushing attempts in the game by a UNC player), and one catch on a reverse-pass play from a WR throwing the ball for 37 yards, one yard more than the player with the 2nd-most receiving yards.

This actually happened for Joshua Dobbs of Tennessee in their game against Florida this year. 83 yards passing, 136 yards rushing, and 58 yards receiving on a trick play. That's pretty crazy it happened for North Carolina in a win -- then again, Tennessee probably should have won their game too.

IUe6Hvh.png

• 2 weeks later...

Since the LDS became the norm in 1995, this is the first year where none of the original American League teams are represented in that round.

I'm not going to fact check this, but assuming it's true, that's amazing. Granted the Yankees and Cardinals account for many of these, but still it's hard to believe.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm not going to fact check this, but assuming it's true, that's amazing. Granted the Yankees and Cardinals account for many of these, but still it's hard to believe.

If the Mets can get by the Cubs it would make the 2015 Fall Classic the first ever all-expansion World Series ever played.

Also another bit of fun trivia, for all the great players on the first Blue Jays World Series team in '92, only one of them ever won an MVP in his career. That player was Jeff Kent. Traded mid-season to the Mets for David Cone, but did play on the team long enough to qualify for a ring.

If the Mets can get by the Cubs it would make the 2015 Fall Classic the first ever all-expansion World Series ever played.

Also another bit of fun trivia, for all the great players on the first Blue Jays World Series team in '92, only one of them ever won an MVP in his career. That player was Jeff Kent. Traded mid-season to the Mets for David Cone, but did play on the team long enough to qualify for a ring.

Astonishing.

I had never realized that. You'd think it woulda happened a few times.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I have a question, so I looked up to see which baseball players have ever had an infinite era in one game and I noticed that there era was a regular number. But wouldn't their lifetime era be infinite?

*their

An infinite ERA isn't really infinite; it's undefined (can't divide by zero). If somebody has an infinite ERA in one game and makes another appearance where they record an out, the math fixes itself.

• Like 1

I have a question, so I looked up to see which baseball players have ever had an infinite era in one game and I noticed that there era was a regular number. But wouldn't their lifetime era be infinite?

*their

An infinite ERA isn't really infinite; it's undefined (can't divide by zero). If somebody has an infinite ERA in one game and makes another appearance where they record an out, the math fixes itself.
Oh I just did some tests and you're right. Thanks, That always confused me