Cosmic

Wherein We Discuss Theme Parks

328 posts in this topic

dak.jpg

4 people like this

The same thing happened to me, but on Expedition Everest! We were riding the coaster and it was fine, but then we curved around and the track was all torn up and there was a huge damn Yeti! We barely made it back before the Yeti got us and none of the cast members seemed to think it was unusual.

4 people like this

I had a similar experience on Thunder Mountain. The ride was going well but then i went into a shed that was filled with dynamite and the fuses started lighting up! My first thought was this could not be safe and it's got to be expensive for Disney to rebuild that section of the ride numerous times a day every time it blows up.

And don't get me started on Splash Mountain, they just throw you off the face of a mountain in a log!

4 people like this

You think that's bad? Our Star Tours flight was attacked by the Empire itself! Turns out, our ship was harboring a rebel spy! Scum company.

Plus, our "pilot" wasn't even licensed to fly and argued with his astromech droid the entire flight.

1/5, wouldn't fly again.

4 people like this

5 hours ago, monkeypower said:

I had a similar experience on Thunder Mountain. The ride was going well but then i went into a shed that was filled with dynamite and the fuses started lighting up! My first thought was this could not be safe and it's got to be expensive for Disney to rebuild that section of the ride numerous times a day every time it blows up.

And don't get me started on Splash Mountain, they just throw you off the face of a mountain in a log!

I let my family get on the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad because I thought Disney rides were safe. We made it almost at the top of the first hill when I looked up and saw that nobody was driving the train! I screamed and screamed, but nobody stopped the train. The worker at the station did not believe me. They even sent out another train without a driver! I saw it! Also, I do not remember the Railroad going that fast! I miss the stop in Mickey's Starland they never should have taken it out to add the Western town. Shame on Disney for not properly staffing their trains.

1 person likes this

New to this thread. Fun facts and opinions:

1. I lost my phone on Boulder Dash at Lake Compounce (Bristol, Connecticut) last July. It is the only day in my life in which I have ever set foot in the state of Connecticut. I'd gladly go back, though - the overall experience was lovely.

2. I've been going to Kings Island (Mason, Ohio, near Cincinnati) since I was about three. I'm now 33. I still love it. The new Mystic Timbers is overhyped, though.

3. My love for water rides and slides is very close to my love for coasters. I have no problem spending five or six hours at a waterpark.

4. I've been to Cedar Point (Sandusky, Ohio) four times. Three of those times there were rain delays during my visit. It's a great park, but being built right next to Lake Erie definitely has its drawbacks.

5. A sneaky-good coaster I like (haven't ridden it in forever, though): Mamba at Worlds of Fun (near Kansas City, Missouri). Sort of a proto of Diamondback (Kings Island), in both ride style and snake theme.

2 people like this

I've road too many roller coasters to name, but I can say my top 10 are below. What stinks for me is I love wooden coasters, but I am not allowed to ride them again after having back surgery. 

1. The Raptor (Cedar Point) 

2. The Beast (Kings Island) 

3. The Voyage (Holiday World) 

4. Millennium Force (Cedar Point) 

5. The Griffon (Busch Gardens - Williamsburg, VA) 

6. Mean Streak (Cedar Point) 

7. Vortex (Kings Island) 

8. The Racer (Kings Island)

9. The Raven (Holiday World)

10. Diamondback (Kings Island)

On 6/23/2017 at 2:19 PM, nuordr said:

I've road too many roller coasters to name, but I can say my top 10 are below. What stinks for me is I love wooden coasters, but I am not allowed to ride them again after having back surgery. 

1. The Raptor (Cedar Point) 

2. The Beast (Kings Island) 

3. The Voyage (Holiday World) 

4. Millennium Force (Cedar Point) 

5. The Griffon (Busch Gardens - Williamsburg, VA) 

6. Mean Streak (Cedar Point) 

7. Vortex (Kings Island) 

8. The Racer (Kings Island)

9. The Raven (Holiday World)

10. Diamondback (Kings Island)

That sucks. Sorry, nuordr. 

I tend to avoid roller coasters because I get motion sick (I won't puke, but I'll feel nauseous), and the meds I've tried make me feel loopy. WDW coasters aren't some of the most thrilling around, but they're more my speed. 

1 person likes this