Pro Wrestling on SportsLogos: Let's Make It Happen

JerseyJimmy

Wresting wouldn't really fit on here for a number of reasons, but it's funny watching Gothamite get all huffy about people liking wrestling.

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

Wresting wouldn't really fit on here for a number of reasons, but it's funny watching Gothamite get all huffy about people liking wrestling.

What, because I compared it to a drag show? I happen to love drag shows. ;)

I couldn't care less if anyone likes it. My taste is suspect anyway. I only object to pretending it is something other than what it is.

I would love to create a sister site with Creamer's permission to use Sportslogos.net as an affiliate. We can include wrestling, and MMA

But so much to begin, and would take some time. I guess only time will tell. I'm pretty sure someone on the "mothership" is looking into these posts..may not be seriously but they are looking into it.

I can see it now, this site gets traction then we go mainstream..., "On Uni Watch page...this is Paul Lukas here...and John Cena's new attire has just been released..and its BFBS!! " spoke to the wrestling version of "Conrad"..@Shadojoker (or my real name)..and he says that this attire will debut at the next PPV...and will be worn for the next 3 months!"

my imagination is through the roof.

shado_logo.gif

I'd enjoy discussing the design of pro wrestling in a thread like this, but I'm with the majority on not putting it on the motherboard.

As much as I love wrestling, it's sport entertainment, and the main site is for archiving the logos of actual sports.

So why not make an "Entertainment" section, and also include fictional sports teams as well? Blue Mountain State, Any Given Sunday, The Longest Yard, just to name a few.

I would love for the Sports Logos team to dig up all the team uniforms and Denslow Cup logos from BASEketball. :D

6uXNWAo.png

pro wrestling is much less scripted/predetermined than most people think. The finish is not always predetermined, paths change mid-match, and recepits/shoot fights happen all the time

These things only happen when something gets botched.

Set aside athleticism -- How is something even a sport when wins and losses don't matter?

6uXNWAo.png

For what its worth, pro wrestling is much less scripted/predetermined than most people think. The finish is not always predetermined, paths change mid-match, and recepits/shoot fights happen all the time... unfortunately, explaining it in detail to people who are already dismissive of it does nothing but cheapen the business.

Thank you but you are 100 correct, people are already too dismissive to even listen.
shado_logo.gif

For what its worth, pro wrestling is much less scripted/predetermined than most people think. The finish is not always predetermined, paths change mid-match, and recepits/shoot fights happen all the time... unfortunately, explaining it in detail to people who are already dismissive of it does nothing but cheapen the business.

Thank you but you are 100 correct, people are already too dismissive to even listen.

Dismissing what? Nobody is debating that it takes a lot of skill and people do get hurt. If your argument is that it's a competitive sport, then that's simply absurd. This is coming from someone who attended dozens of ECW events at the arena from 1994-1999 and has seen pretty much everything that can go wrong and all the improvisation.

At the end of the day, it's acting and stunt performing. Doesn't make it any less entertaining (the ratings and attendance numbers prove that plenty of people are entertained), but it's simply not a competitive sport.

I couldn't care less about what's included and what's not on the site (not my site, and at the end of the day it's just reproductions of other people's logos anyway), but enough about wrestling being a competitive sport.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived