Pro Wrestling on SportsLogos: Let's Make It Happen

JerseyJimmy

So... pro wrestling isn't a full-on "sport." We all know that. However, considering it's presented as one and it has a rich, storied history, I feel that it would be neat for SportsLogos to have pro wrestling logos. Here are some things we could put on here:

• Company logos (New Japan lion roundel, WWF Attitude Era scratch, etc.)
  • Pay-Per-View logos (WrestleMania, Royal Rumble, etc.)
  • Show stages/sets (SummerSlam 2008 movie theater, WrestleMania XXVI pyramid, etc.)
  • Ring canvases (some promotions put logos or ads on the canvas)
  • Logos associated with certain wrestlers (Stone Cold's skull, the Hardy Boyz symbol, etc.)
  • Title belts (WWE Championship "spinner" belt, the Big Gold Belt, etc.)

So, what do you guys think? Is there room for pro wrestling on SL?

53Ocz8U.png

My suggestion, maybe it could just be a division on the forums and not have a full on section on the site.

While I understand the apprehension this could bring, I ask you this...

While this is all based on sports, what are we specifically debating (and celebrating)? The sports themselves or the art and design we find in sports? Because that art and design is present in pro wrestling.

Pro Wrestling is a very serious sport in other countries. Even Canada!

Putting together different logos for different federations would be no different then...

MLB,MiLB,Triple A,Double A..etc

WWE WCW ECW TNA NJPW NOAH AJPW CMLL Lucha Underground, get the major promotions then if available get minor league's aka independents like PWG (Pro Wrestling Goriila,Combat Zone,Chikara)

Not to mention that ESPN,Bleacher Report, SportsNation,etc..covers it as a sport. (Someone already said this)

shado_logo.gif

I'm game, yet I merely keep an ear to it more than follow much.

While I quit watching RAW around 10yrs ago now, I still read up on creative, behind the scenes, & potential story arcs. It's like fan fiction to me. Oddly, reading dirt sheets is more fulfilling than 3hrs of filler on tv.

As for ppvs, I watch RR & WM online if I'm around... yet I don't circle the dates.

ps

It is not a sport & I don't think I'd want it officially added to this site. Wrestling is a stunt show with guys & gals who have some mic skills.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

If the outcome is universally predetermined and scripted, it isn't a sport.

I think this pretty much settles the issue.

I know wrestling fans have been getting their undies in a bunch since Dana White said that wrestling is fake but professional wrestling isn't a sport.

Not to mention that ESPN,Bleacher Report, SportsNation,etc..covers it as a sport. (Someone already said this)

Also can people please stop using the ESPN argument. They broadcasted the Rock, Paper, Scissors Championship (I'm not kidding).

No this isn't an SNL sketch. I actually remember watching this on ESPN one morning flabbergasted.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Even if we are including cheating and fixed games in this debate the key phrase is "universally predetermined"

I agree with others that this would just create a slippery slope and I don't believe it belongs on this site. but if there were say a sister site that had this data base would I visit it? HELL YEAH!

Archived