Denver Broncos new logo for 2016-17?

Lumbergh

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a fan of that full-bodied Broncos logo. A modernization of the old logo would be great, though! Something like what Ren did but less steroid looking and without the hoof being the size of it's head.

IUe6Hvh.png

I really dislike the full body bronco. It looks someone drew a picture of a dolphin and at the last minute changed it to a horse. That doesn't look like a natural motion for a horse. The current logo is not great. It's okay to get rid of it completely. And most importantly, I want the royal blue brought back, ideally a shade that matches the old helmets.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I really dislike the full body bronco. It looks someone drew a picture of a dolphin and at the last minute changed it to a horse. That doesn't look like a natural motion for a horse. The current logo is not great. It's okay to get rid of it completely. And most importantly, I want the royal blue brought back, ideally a shade that matches the old helmets.

Agreed. Navy and orange teams are a dime a dozen across the sports landscape. But orange with that just-slightly-lighter-than royal blue? Unique.

It's like when the Cowboys traded the royal and metallic blue of their old dark jersey for yet another navy/silver scheme. Why teams want to give up the color schemes they basically own for one that lots of teams share is beyond me. On top of that, it's way past time for all the teams that went dark in the 90's (Broncos, Rams, Eagles, Brewers, Mariners, half the NHL, on and on...) to reclaim some friggin' color, for Pete's sake.

I was talking with a friend yesterday who recently worked at a Denver sports merchandising company and he told me that the Broncos are going to be using a new logo for the 2016-17 season. The logo he was describing is a cross between the old "D" with a horse coming out of it, and the current Bronco head that was created in '97. He wouldn't go into any specifics as to how he knew this, but he told me it was going to happen. I know that new unis have been rumored from Paul Lukas, but I haven't heard about this logo change.

I found a concept made by our own member Ren69 from 2013 that it is probably closest to, if this logo change does happen:

DenverDupdate.png

-Great job by Ren69 btw.

Anyone else heard anything about this?

That would be awesome if the Broncos went to that logo. It's even better than their original one. I hope they go back to their old look. Their current one is just not the same and never will be in my opinion.

^Every time I go to the airport I get scared by that damn thing^ lol But I do agree with the idea of lightening the blue to a royal shade. I think it will boost the team's identity a bit and I think the switch to navy with navy helmets back in '97 just screamed Chicago Bears. If they could go back to the royal blue helmet with the white facemask that would be really cool.

Super Bowls won under the old uni design and/or orange jersey: Zero

Super Bowls won under the new uni design and blue jersey: Two

That should settle where they go from here.

So the uniforms are why the Broncos won those Super Bowls? It had nothing to do with the Broncos finally being a balanced team? No offense, but the "they won with that look" argument for keeping a uniform is just silly. The only reason to keep a uniform is because it looks good. The only reason to get rid of a uniform is because it looks bad. The current Broncos look is awful. It was awful when they won the Super Bowls and it's awful now. Talent will determine how successful the team is. The uniforms will have no influence.

buzzkillington_01.jpg

I know its subjective, but Denver's uni was light years ahead of its time in 1997. The side paneling is one of the few features that feels dated in 2015.

Teams have ditched good-looking uniforms in favor of "fresher" or "more modern" designs. The '01 Bills uni is light years better than their '02 gear.

guess i'll be the first to go on record and say i think OP and/or his source is full of BS or at the very least, misinformed.

that said, i'd love to see a return of of royal to the Broncos too

2xPoHzH.png

Loving that color balance, although I'm never a fan of mismatching numbers on the same jersey.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

I know its subjective, but Denver's uni was light years ahead of its time in 1997. The side paneling is one of the few features that feels dated in 2015.

Teams have ditched good-looking uniforms in favor of "fresher" or "more modern" designs. The '01 Bills uni is light years better than their '02 gear.

The side paneling is the preeminent element of those uniforms. Other teams had done rounded numbers before. The Broncos were the first team to have side stripes on the jerseys, and without the stripes, their home jersey is basically the Giants or Raiders with a different font and an outline. I don't know how one could remove the side panels from the equation.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived