Preseason Top 25 in 23 Days (20. Arkansas)

colinturner95

This is my first concept thread in a while, and my last college football thread kinda fell flat on its face, plus I became overwhelmed with work and school. But that's enough of that. This is also more of a challenge for me. Can I get through all of the Top 25 before the season starts in 23 days? Lets find out.

ZT5Avac.png 0lXOeGc.png Owk2Kc0.pngWrU5UWL.png9Pcq670.png Kcg09dt.png

25. Tennessee

784aEU4.png

I was a fan of what Nike did for the Vols. I think the new look is very good. That being said I felt the jerseys could use stripes, so that's the biggest change to the home/road looks that remain largely unchanged aside from the double stripes that were worn in the 80's, plus the checkerboard pattern was added to the back of the collar. On the alternate, I changed things up a little. I went with the Steelers Batman looking jersey, and made it black. I was looking to go a little outside the box from their normal set, but didn't want to go too far. With that in mind, the black uniform would not be interchangeable with the normal home/road.

C and C welcome as always.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

The black alternate looks ok, but I think I'd prefer the charcoal they've used recently because it's still unique (as opposed to black, which practically every school in the country has now worn as an alternate). I'm not a fan of the orange shoulders. The double stripes on the home and away look a little out of place next to the thick single stripes on the helmet and pants. I think they should at least have some checkerboarding to fit the rest of the look. Also a quick template thing, the logo looks a little bit low on the helmet to me. Overall this is a really nice look though, I'm looking forward to the next 24.

CottonBowl_zpsc664d73a.png

4vAzk2u.png

Star championship signature credit to packerfan21396

Quick update

Cy0SdGo.png

Quick replacement of the pattern on the back with the TN state outline... with the pattern in it. Much in the same way the basketball team is doing it, just not sublimated. Also used the actual color values for Smokey/Smoky grey on the alternate.

The black alternate looks ok, but I think I'd prefer the charcoal they've used recently because it's still unique (as opposed to black, which practically every school in the country has now worn as an alternate). I'm not a fan of the orange shoulders. The double stripes on the home and away look a little out of place next to the thick single stripes on the helmet and pants. I think they should at least have some checkerboarding to fit the rest of the look. Also a quick template thing, the logo looks a little bit low on the helmet to me. Overall this is a really nice look though, I'm looking forward to the next 24.

As general football uniforms rules go, if at all possible have all the stripes match or to at least to match the helmet with the pants (see Pittsburgh, San Fransisco, Oakland, Buffalo, etc.) Tennessee has never worn a stripe other than a thick single one and I saw no reason to change that, and as such it matches the pant stripe.

Speaking for the template, I've been tinkering with it and I've just noticed the ear hole is missing. I'll take a look at that before the next team goes up.

And finally, the jersey stripes don't have checkerboarding beacuse I felt like it would become overused and gaudy.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

great so far, love the changes, I was wondering, is there anyway you could change the transparency of the jerseys with your wordmark? I understand putting your wordmark on the image so nobody can steal your work, but if you made the away and alt jerseys without transparency (like the home) I think it would look nicer. just a suggestion^

great so far, love the changes, I was wondering, is there anyway you could change the transparency of the jerseys with your wordmark? I understand putting your wordmark on the image so nobody can steal your work, but if you made the away and alt jerseys without transparency (like the home) I think it would look nicer. just a suggestion^

Unfortunately there have been times where my wordmark was not on the actual work and the thief flat out erased it and still called it his own work. This is the way it will be.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

24. Boise State

GQzpiMI.png

Boise State's current uniforms, I think, suck. But then how can I make them not suck. No striping pattern fits them, (see weird collar bone uniform c.2010-2012), so what do I do? Go all the way back to 2010 and the unveiling my personal favorite, the grey Pro Combat uniform which unveiled the most hated helmet style besides chrome. They unveiled it, I think they should wear it, because after 5 years of it, changing to anything else looked very weird. Numbers stay on the side of the helmet, this time outlined in orange. The jerseys are modeled a lot after the '10 Pro Combat uniform. Bronco head on one sleeve, B on the other. Shiny silver numbers w/orange outline. The pants are difficult because no striping model fits them, and I didn't want to leave them blank. Even though it's high schoolish, BRONCOS runs up the pants on both sides. No grey/silver or black uniform parts because while they use grey/silver, it shouldn't be that prominent.

C and C welcome.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Really like the work so far -- one minor comment on the Vols concept though: the T on the helmet looks a little funky. Might I suggest moving it up a bit and angling it to the left slightly so that it looks like it flows more naturally with the helmet.

Love the home set.

2 updates and a new set.

YNP8A6h.png

Final fix on Tennessee. Damn ear hole was missing from my template.

SFJV8jP.png

Added an outline to the B on the jerseys to match the helmet and jersey numbers

23. Mizzou

9FnSrbj.png

I will admit it, I consider myself a Nike fanboy, though Under Armour is captivating me as well. I think Mizzou was well redesigned by Nike but like most of Nike's redesigns could use slight tweaks. In Mizzou's case, I felt consistency was missing. No anthracite on the black or yellow jerseys but all over the white jerseys. I eliminated anthracite from the set completely and used the current yellow jersey and pants as the basis for the new set. I think the oversized tiger helmet is the best one they've recently worn. That being said, I went with one helmet, and added white to the logo, which is on both sides of the helmet. On the jersey, I used the pants as the basis for the stripes/claw looking pattern. Pants remain pretty much the same.

C and C welcome.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

22. Arizona

XQlboBd.png

I'm not the biggest fan of Arizona's current set. Yet I like the numbers, which I think is an unpopular opinion around here. Anyways, I kept all four of their current helmets and added the striping from the previous white helmets to all except the copper dome. As for the jerseys, I added the striping from the helmet to the jerseys. Added WILDCATS to the navy jersey, ARIZONA to the white, and BEARDOWN to the red. (IIRC there is no rule against nicknames on the front of jerseys, looking at you HAIL STATE). Yes I kept the weird, half blocky, half curved numbers, but this time added an outline. With an outline, the numbers almost look passable. Pants have the same striping as everything else.

C and C welcome.

I like what you did for Mizzou, but the helmet stripes were pretty cool IMO.

If I added stripes to that helmet, I felt it would be too cluttered.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Keeping things rolling here with 21. Stanford.

T0SIWEY.png

I think I would consider this my most radical change yet. I hate Stanford in black. It makes them look like NC State. I wanted to add another color to their scheme but grey is taken by Wazzu, and adding green just looked too Christmas-y so I said "screw it" and went with cardinal and white. Helmet remains largely unchanged. IIRC, Stanford is adding the S-Tree logo to the helmet, which I undid and you'll see why. On the back of the helmet stripe, the tree is cut into the stripe. My main goal was to modernize the uniforms without going too far. Jerseys change more than anything, adding a shoulder racing stripe. I pondered adding the tree to this stripe but the warp of the sleeves proved difficult to overcome so those stripes are just stripes. S-Tree on the collar. Pants have the same Tree-Stripe and I added red pants which I think is a first thought I could be wrong.

C and C welcomed.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

We've reached #20 and I'm beginning to doubt that I'll make the deadline. Oh well

jtHvE6x.png

I thought Arkansas looked fine before they redid their uniforms last year (or was it the year before?) Whatever. Anyways, I thought that a simple mash up of the years could produce a better look than the last two. Helmets are simple, hog on the side, number on the back. The jerseys are rather simple. I combined the simple shoulder loop from the more recent uniform with the lightning bolt uniforms. I think the combination better represents the Razorbacks. Pants have a simpler design to evoke the idea of a tusk. Black uniform sticks around to separate identities from Alabama who wears a similar set of colors, but who is going to confuse the two? :rolleyes:

even though you said it was difficult to get the tress on the sleeves id like to see stanfords jersey sleeves have the same tree stripe. its a great idea and the uniform as a whole looks good.

On the jersey, the tree would have to be smaller than on the other uniform parts so the idea would get lost by players who tuck the sleeves up, hypothetically.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived