Ethan's MLB 2K19

dodgerdog16

Hey guys! So my name's Ethan, I'm new around the forum. I've been lurking around here fro the past couple years seeing what people post and I'm massively impressed with the things I've seen here. Like really, it is truly incredible. So I figured I could give it a shot with the skills I attain. So without further ado....MLB 2K19!!!

BACKSTORY:

For my first redesign project, I'm going to do the MLB. This redesign takes place in 2018 MLB season. The league has grown immensely into a superpower, surpassing the NFL in U.S. sports supremacy.

New and welcome changes are made in the next 3 years. New Commissioner, Rob Manfred, solves the dispute over San Jose between the Athletics and the Giants, giving the Giants a AA team in nearby Fremont while he successfully kept the White Elephants in Northern California. They are renamed the San Jose Athletics. The stadium issues in South Florida are solved as well, as the Rays get a sweet new ballpark right on the harbor and fans flood the stadium and the team constantly puts on above average attendance numbers daily. The MLB also implemented a league-wide requirement to have team captains as the incredible recognition of David Wright and Derek Jeter inspired this change.

With these primary issues solved in 2017, Manfred did what he said he'd do in 2015: Expand internationally. Before Spring Training 2017, the MLB announced two new expansion sides to debut in 2019 located in Vancouver and Montreal, Canada. The fans in these cities were ecstatic. The people of Mexico, however were disappointed that they had been denied a side in Monterrey. But the MLB assured the world that Mexico would get at least one side in the next expansion. In 2018, the Vancouver side is named the Vancouver Mounties in honor of the former PCL side. The Montreal side was unsurprisingly and happily named the Expos in honor of the former side that inhabited Montreal.

The MLB also made some new uniform requirements for the 2019 season. All teams were required to have stirrups and they required all teams to show the socks for opening day. The teams traditions and trends moved towards striped styles of socks as well and 60's jersey styles made their ways onto Major League logos and uniforms in 2019.

MLB_zpsjzho3al9.png

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arizona Diamondbacks

Stadium: Chase Field (48,519 capacity)

League: National League of Professional Base Ball Clubs

Division: National League West Division

Captain: Paul Goldschmidt

So for the D-backs, I thought that the original logo was to slapped together. So I incorporated the mountains from the 2011 MLB All Star Game logo into the primary. I made red the primary color, sand the second, and black the accent. The alternate logo is the 'DB' snakehead. The jerseys were styled the same way that the 2001-2006 vests were made, but I applied the colors mentioned earlier to the uniform. The scripts are the ones currently used in the Diamondbacks right now. Comments and criticism are much appreciated.

ARZ%20presentation_zpsfs8lrd1y.png

Los Angeles Dodgers

Stadium: Dodger Stadium (56,000 capacity)

League: National League of Professional Base Ball Clubs

Division: National League West Division

Captain: Adrian Gonzalez

MY TEAM!! The Dodgers, even though they are my side, I believe that they are part of the Premier Five baseball teams in the MLB. With that being said, their uniforms are pretty much the same as they have been. They are as classic as the Yanks in my opinion. I liked the old 40's jersey piping however and I put it on the aways. I also was watching a throwback Athletics vs. Dodgers 1989 World Series, I saw the Dodgers old 80's away jersey and being a 2000's kid, I thought it was really rad so I brought it back as the alternate. Comments and criticsm are much appreciated.

Los%20Angeles%20Dodgers%20presentation_z

Very nice, I will be following this until the end.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Oh no! Now people will confuse the two of us because of our avatars!

Kidding. Welcome to the boards, and I'm excited to see what you have to offer us! I'm really interested in how you take the game global. I know you didn't do much with the Dodgers, as they are already great. I really liked the mountains logo for the D-backs. However, I'm not a fan of the vests. But that's just a personal preference of mine. Kudos on dropping black from their set. Black can be a good color, but only used if properly.

Solid start! Can't wait to see what you have made for the expansion teams.

You can't change the Dodgers.They are perfect.

I wounder how the expansions logos and unis would be.

(cough)(cough)no roundels(cough)(cough)

Yeah those damn roundels get on my nerves too. So I'm going to do my best to, in the words of Ron Burgundy, "stay classy" and give every team a classy logo that is original to each side. That said, obviously some teams have classy and traditional logos that happen to be roundels so those I will keep.

I hate this already because you moved the a's... but other than that the dodgers look good and Arizona looks like its missing something

Haha sorry man it was either see opossums at the O.co every home game or move into a sweet new ballpark in the Silicon Valley.

And yeah, I feel like the home jersey is missing something too. Maybe numbers on the chest.

Oh no! Now people will confuse the two of us because of our avatars!

Kidding. Welcome to the boards, and I'm excited to see what you have to offer us! I'm really interested in how you take the game global. I know you didn't do much with the Dodgers, as they are already great. I really liked the mountains logo for the D-backs. However, I'm not a fan of the vests. But that's just a personal preference of mine. Kudos on dropping black from their set. Black can be a good color, but only used if properly.

Solid start! Can't wait to see what you have made for the expansion teams.

Wow! Thank you very much man, it means a lot coming from someone like yourself. And yeah it's cool to finally interact with someone who is interested in global baseball. By the way I saw your 2017 World Baseball Classic thread (where in the WBC we obviously both got the coolest avatars here), and let me just say that was absolutely dynamite. Great work!

Oh and one thing I forgot to mention. With Vancouver and Montreal in the MLB, the league grows to 32 teams creating unbalanced divisions. So I realigned the MLB and added a South Division to each league. The realignment is shown below:

NATIONAL LEAGUE

WEST

• Los Angeles Dodgers
  • Arizona Diamondbacks
  • San Francisco Giants
  • San Diego Padres

CENTRAL

• Cincinnati Reds
  • Milwaukee Brewers
  • Chicago Cubs
  • St. Louis Cardinals

EAST

• Pittsburgh Pirates
  • Philadelphia Phillies
  • New York Mets
  • Montreal Expos

SOUTH

• Colorado Rockies
  • Washington Nationals
  • Atlanta Braves
  • Miami Marlins

AMERICAN LEAGUE

WEST

• Vancouver Mounties
  • Seattle Mariners
  • San Jose Athletics
  • Anaheim Angels

CENTRAL

• Minnesota Twins
  • Detroit Tigers
  • Cleveland Indians
  • Chicago White Sox

EAST

• Baltimore Orioles
  • New York Yankees
  • Boston Red Sox
  • Toronto Blue Jays

SOUTH

• Texas Rangers
  • Houston Astros
  • Tampa Bay Rays
  • Kansas City Royals

As you may notice, I am doing the NL West right now.

Archived