Collegiate Logo Makeover (#10, West Virginia Wesleyan, Week of 10/14)

RevNet

DO the Lakeshore Chinooks?

Well, while I really appreciate the reply above, the Lakeshore Chinooks aren't a NCAA-affiliated collegiate program, so I'm afraid I can't do any logos for them. I apologize for this, but I still appreciate your reply.

Do you have a NCAA college in mind that you think has a bad logo?

sport-scarf_dortmund_zps9338859f.png

Mayby you could do the Idaho State Bengals Or Boise State Broncos.

I'll consider Idaho State, but I don't think I would do Boise State any justice, because BSU has a pretty good logo package in my opinion. Thank you for the requests.

Mayby you could do the Idaho State Bengals Or Boise State Broncos.

I'll consider Idaho State, but I don't think I would do Boise State any justice, because BSU has a pretty good logo package in my opinion. Thank you for the requests.

I agree with the BSU Thing.

Plus thanks for considering Idaho State.

0lXOeGc.pngfiesta%2006%2009%2014_zpsyehw2zlc.pnglFIL89P.png

DO the Lakeshore Chinooks?

Well, while I really appreciate the reply above, the Lakeshore Chinooks aren't a NCAA-affiliated collegiate program, so I'm afraid I can't do any logos for them. I apologize for this, but I still appreciate your reply.

Do you have a NCAA college in mind that you think has a bad logo?

West Point.

WSna22D.gif

YKBcuDz.png
I am the guy who loves Wisconsin

For this week, I've had my eye on this university for a while, and I decided that this would be the week for me to do some logos for the Braves of the University of North Carolina at Pembroke. First, as always, here comes the bio:

Name of College/University: University of North Carolina at Pembroke
Nickname: Braves
Colors: Black and Gold
NCAA Division: II
Conference: Peach Belt Conference
Established: 1887 as Croatan Normal School
Famous Alumni: Derek Brunson, Brick Jackson, Kelvin Sampson

Current Logo:

x0QXjWhM.jpeg

As you may know by now, drawn-out logos are generally bad-looking in my opinion. While this one isn't as bad as others, it feels old to me. Here are the four logos I did for UNCP:

peaTwdC.png

The upper-left logo is the primary logo and consists of a gold (PMS 131 C) letter "P" with two feathers sticking out of the left side. The upper-right logo is the secondary logo and is that of a tomahawk with two feathers. The lower-left logo is a "UNCP" monogram logo with the "P" being gold (with black outlines) and the other letters being black (with gold outlines). The lower-right logo is the mascot logo and it is that of a red-tailed hawk rendered in gold with a black letter "P" on its chest.

As always, C&C is more than appreciated. Also, you can submit the name of a NCAA school you think has a bad logo and I just might do that school in the coming weeks.

Since I don't really have anything to say here, let's jump straight into the bio for the Bobcats of West Virginia Wesleyan College:

Name of College/University: West Virginia Wesleyan College
Nickname: Bobcats
Colors: Orange and Black
NCAA Division: II
Conference: Mountain East Conference
Established: 1890 as West Virginia Conference Seminary
Famous Alumni: Ted Cassidy, Anthony Peters, Nelson Peterson

Current logo:

Tiger_no_background.png

If it wasn't a Clemson ripoff, it'd make a decent logo. Since it is, let's set this college on a new path with these three logos:

X7KGdaG.png

The fierce-looking upper-left logo is the primary logo and is that of an orange (PMS 1655 C) bobcat's head. I originally was going to make this out of the initials of the college, but to me, that didn't look right, so this is the final edit. The upper-right logo is the secondary logo and it is a bobcat's paw print, again in orange. The bottom logo is a "WVWC" monogram logo, wherein the "W"'s receive the claws from the paw print in the secondary logo to complete this design package.

As always, C&C is more than appreciated. Also, you can submit the name of a NCAA school you think has a bad logo and I just might do that school in the coming weeks.

Do St. Scholastica in Duluth, MN.

I went to their athletics website, and think that they have an alright logo. Nothing amazing, but gets the job done. I would maybe change the font that is used, but nothing too dramatic. Thank you for your submission, though.

Archived