Chicago Soccer Club

Rygi13

Love the concept. A few minor critiques - personally I feel that if green is one of their primary colours it should be included in the logo - perhaps one side blue and one green, but I think i'd have to see it to be sure, It may clash a bit too much. If that doesn't look good I'd still like to see it split down the middle, perhaps with one slightly darker and one slightly lighter shade of blue, Kinda like what you see on the Arsenal crest.

The fine detail on the harp doesn't really show from far away, but I think thats actually okay, it doesn't take away from it from a distance, and looks awesome once its blown up. I would however, take away the two small notches on the left side of the arch, from a distance they just look like a stray pixel, and don't really add much.

One last thing. Maybe I'm high, but shouldn't the strings on the top be underneath the top part of the harp? I don't know it just looks funky when I look at it.

Overall though, its awesome. I already prefer it to the Chicago Fire. Uni's look great as well. Really clean and classic. No fuss. I like.

I love the color scheme! It is nice to see these colors get used somewhere else because these colors are almost exclusively used for New Orleans based teams.

I think the detail on the harp looks okay on its own, but it looks a little disjointed on the crest as the rest of the crest is so clean. Not sure if there is a way to stylize it a bit more but that might help making it feel more incorporated.

As for the kits, I really like the home version. I am always interested when the kit is a different color than the crest because there is usually a story behind it (like how Italy wears blue) and gives the club a classic feel.

I also like the away/third although they aren't as unique as the home.

Overall a pretty solid concept though!

A fantastic nod to Irish heritage without using some of the more cliched symbols. I like how simple and, may I say, elegant you've made the crest. One visual element that you may consider: there's a noticeable amount of negative space on the left side of the crest. A small tilt of the harp or making it larger will really bring it all together.

Untitled-1_zpsjn8inbhy.png

I agree that green should be in the primary, but otherwise, great job and start to your career in designing logos.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

The green works as an alternate unless you're Ireland. Granted the heavy Irish influence is there but it doesn't scream Chicago (think of it like this Lets say New York City Football Club (NYCFC) or a new team called New York Soccer Club (NYSC) but as their badge the Italian Coat Arms due to heavy Italian influence based on population it wouldn't fair so well because it doesn't represent the whole picture that is NYC or NY in general due to the huge diversity in culture (also because in NYC like to show of its Dutch Heritage from when we were a colony i.e. the NYC flag). My recommendation is to lighten up the blue uniform to match the flag of Chicago or to make the Third jersey (The Orange one) take influence from the Chicago flag with a red trim on the end of the sleeves. But this is my personal opinion.otherwise I love this concept it great and creative as well as made amazingly.

Archived