Michigan to Jordan Brand

redlegs420

If the Jumpman brand had a different logo, wordmark, or ANYTHING that wasn't an iconic silhouette of a basketball player, I would be alright with this. Put it on the basketball uniforms, sure, wear Air Jordan shoes, fine, but don't put the logo on football uniforms.

Is there any other logo they could use besides a jumping basketball player? Sorry, Michigan. This is bad.

There's the original "wings" logo that was on the Jordan Is and IIs before the IIIs introduced the Jumpman:

sbq58fexs5hdwrwfuczx.jpg

Could switch out the basketball for a football or any other ball if Jordan Brand decides to branch out into even more sports.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roy Jones Jr. had Jordan brand boxing trunks as well. I like the idea of using the non Jumpman logo too. As far as Ohio State, stick with what they have now. The basketball team doesn't wear LJ23's anymore.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I liked the old Jordan logo back when it came out, but the Jumpman is far superior. The old one looks like a rock band logo of some sort to me now.

The logo is the logo. I'm trying to think of a comparison from the business world. But all that came to mind was UPS with that box with a tie around it that stuck around long after people stopped sending boxes like that. That's more outdated than unrelated, though.

Recruits may eat this up though. Especially if their gear is all Jordan brand. I mean they'd be getting team-issued Jordans, right?

They would be getting Jordans with the cleat spikes on the sole, I'm assuming, like the ones Dez Bryant has and such, and like these:

air-jordan-12-cleats-2-620x442.jpg

Damn. Those are some beautiful cleats.

I'm wondering if they'll also get custom team-issued Jordans like Oregon has gotten.

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-13%20at%208.37.1

air-jordan-iii-3-oregon-white-pe.jpg

$6,500 for a pair of shoes. We have lost our damn sports minds.

Recruits may eat this up though. Especially if their gear is all Jordan brand. I mean they'd be getting team-issued Jordans, right?

They would be getting Jordans with the cleat spikes on the sole, I'm assuming, like the ones Dez Bryant has and such, and like these:

I'm wondering if they'll also get custom team-issued Jordans like Oregon has gotten.

$6,500 for a pair of shoes. We have lost our damn sports minds.

Everything in sports is overpriced and overpaid. It doesn't surprise me that some player edition shoes are "worth" that much.

Before everyone completely loses their minds how do we know this isn't the same Nike uniform we're expecting just with the Jumpman logo??

You don't understand, people are freaking out because Jordan is a basketball brand. The jumpman logo even features a freakin' basketball. So are they going to put the jumpman on the jersey or a different Jordan logo?

Before everyone completely loses their minds how do we know this isn't the same Nike uniform we're expecting just with the Jumpman logo??

You don't understand, people are freaking out because Jordan is a basketball brand. The jumpman logo even features a freakin' basketball. So are they going to put the jumpman on the jersey or a different Jordan logo?

Remember something, Nike began as a running shoe company and now today they are widely known and accepted as a major brand across many sports. While I agree that the Jumpman doesn't seem right on a football uni lets not sound the alarm just because Jordan has been known as a basketball brand

"Do or do not, there is no try" -Yoda

Had those with red trim (and obviously no duck feet) in 1988. Shame I actually wore them, I guess.

Yeah, but who would've guessed? Even throughout the whole 90s and into the beginning of the 2000s you could buy new Jordans at the mall or major retailers way after they released. Now sneakerhead culture has exploded and Jordan Brand finally realized they could be a luxury brand by limiting supply in the face of crazy demand.

Still, OG Jordan IIIs? Damn, man.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

That logo looks RIDICULOUS on football uniforms.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

$6,500 for a butt ugly pair of shoes. We have lost our damn sports minds.

Fixed that for you...

Agreed. Dumb as hell to use a basketball brand to generate excitement for a prestigious football brand.

Won't be dumb when all the top recruits come to Michigan for exclusive Jordans

The recruits would be the dumb ones. Besides - what's the point of having "exclusive" anything when the other 100 players on the team have them?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Agreed. Dumb as hell to use a basketball brand to generate excitement for a prestigious football brand.

Won't be dumb when all the top recruits come to Michigan for exclusive Jordans

The recruits would be the dumb ones. Besides - what's the point of having "exclusive" anything when the other 100 players on the team have them?

Dumb is often an understatement when talking about these guys and shoes...

dante-fowler-gold-shoes.jpg

Archived