Oakland Athletics rebrand: OAKLAND ELEPHANTS (forest green update)

flyersfan

This may be the most horrific thing I have seen in my life. You took a classic, great look and made this. The name sounds like it could be a 5 year old girl's field hockey team, and the logo looks like if you took a possessed elephant and shoved an alien arm up its trunk. Please go back to the drawing board, I beg you.

That's a little harsh.

I like the idea, but I would thicken the outlines, and add an outline to eyes, and not make the tusk green, to start off.

u3J7jjd.png

I think what might be cool, is if you worked the elephant into an "O" for Oakland. So for instance, having the elephant head on an angle to the right (not flat looking to the right).... with the trunk swooping down and curling back up around to make an O. Hard to explain without a sketch but I think you can push the logo further. Build it up with some shading, you could look up how some other elephants have been drawn. Like the Crimson Tide for example. Take a look at how that logo treats the details like the eyes... ears etc.

A great start but I know you can push it to be great!

spacer.png

The uniforms are very nice, but I still don't really like the identity. Sorry about being a little harsh earlier, I just wasn't thinking. You made up for a bad identity with great uniforms, good job bouncing back.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Can't wait to see this in Forest green, should be beautiful. It would be cool if you kept the elephant logo of the A's but put an "O" on the banner instead of an "A". Just an idea, it's up to you.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Didn't change anything other than added in the forest green and (hopefully) removed all the black. I have soccer and marching band a lot this week so I may struggle with getting updates up quick. So anyways, here is the forest green update!

As always, please give me some suggestion/ criticism on this!

6UyZqnt.jpg

ZPvjScw.jpg

iyx3ifZ.jpg

QPJ7sBn.jpg

txixXkd.jpg

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

If you were permanently switching to forest green, I recommend dropping neon green. I would replace neon green with an accent color such as Great Lakes Blue (Milwaukee Bucks) or the yellow the A's currently use. I also would use the forest green on the uniforms more. This logo is honestly growing on me, too. I know I was a major hater in the beginning of this concept, but this is progressing nicely and really becoming awesome. Great work.

^ Just backpedalling hard :P. It needs a little cleaning up but I like the concept. I think maybe if you could turn it slightly and make it sorta 3D it would be cool. I feel like the elephant could look more badass.

Again though, Like the concept.

"Elephants" is kind of a clunky name for an MLB team. How about the Oakland Tuskers? A tusker refers to an especially large elephant with big tusks.

you make a very good point there. There are some in sports like that anyways but it's unique is what I thought! I'll work on it

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

Archived