Oakland Athletics rebrand: OAKLAND ELEPHANTS (forest green update)

flyersfan

On the uniforms you really lose the tusk on the mint hat and jersey; you should either change the shade of green depending on the background is the only thing I can think of to fix it. Other than that I like the unis, but I think that the logo needs to be more 3D-ish.

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

^ Just backpedalling hard :P. It needs a little cleaning up but I like the concept. I think maybe if you could turn it slightly and make it sorta 3D it would be cool. I feel like the elephant could look more badass.

Again though, Like the concept.

No, this seriously has grown on me.

Tuskers sounds nice, that would give this a more major league feel.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

It's up to you, but I agree that if you changed the logo, the name, and added an accent color such as blue or yellow, this would be like a major league team.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Hello! Took a stab at making a custom logo (never did one before) for the Oakland athletics, the now OAKLAND ELEPHANTS! Please leave c and c!!!!!

fwqpO0d.jpg

You need to vary the line weights, this logo looks flat . Also I would try to round my lines, all of your curves except for the baseball (which I assume was drawn with a circle tool) are just lines connected to each other. I would also try to square the logo so it fits better on caps, uniforms etc. You can do this by bringing the trunk up a bit or by making the head bigger.

Needs some work but there's potential here

tumblr_p3eoj4gyq71ufhi8uo1_1280.png

DU2NX7nW0AAhqtw.jpg

I highly recommend your getting hold of Inkscape (free, with a built-in tutorial) or another vector-drawing program. Your logo shows the ambition of wanting to draw at that level, but your software is inhibiting you.

rATMcmK.png

My advice to you (take it or leave it):

Drop the mint green.

In its place put yellow/gold.

Try to make the eye on the elephant a bit bigger and add a pupil to it.

Possibly try for a full elephant head instead of just a half view of it.

What about having the wordmark green with the thin blue outline? Also, I think the eye would look better if it wasn't as long.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived