Chicago Fantasy Team Logo Design

Christian Legault

Very Nice work! My preference is the second one. That font is outstanding, especially the star dot on the letter "i". The Blue drop shadow on wordmark on the first one gets lost.

Can you do another edit for me to look at using the Chicago Bears Navy and Dark Orange colors?

Replace Red with the Orange and post it. Just want to see it as well as show it to other members of this forum for more feedback. Maybe Black and Orange would work.

I believe you are using a sphere gradient as the top layer which also affects the background color as well as the white in the logo. I would like to see what this logo would look like with a linear gradient fill in a gray color instead of the light blue sphere. If you want to stay with the sphere gradient you can cut the entire layer and "Paste Into" the logo for yet a different look. I'm speaking in photoshop terminology and don't know if this is the program you used, sorry.

You might also want to try a reflected gradient fill at a 45 degree angle or whatever angle the Chicago wordmark is. Maybe include Death Dealers in with the wordmark.

This logo might look even more menacing with just a hint of the Grim Reaper's Scythe somewhere behind the hood. Just some suggestions that I offer. Throw it out there if it doesn't work at least we tried. I've been wrong before but nothing ventured nothing gained.

The bottom shadow on the letters is barely visible (due to minimal contrast) in the top version. It is very easy to see in the second one, but my initial reaction to it was to wonder if it was Morse code! I'm sure it wasn't intended, but they came across to me as (dash dot, dot dot dash dot, dot dash dash), which would be N F W in that old code.

I think the top one, with a more contrasting shade of purple, would suit the name better. I agree a scythe might be a good addition. Another thought is to include the "death card," the Ace of Spades, as another play on "Death Dealer."

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

I like the bottom one the best. With the red or pinkish eyes glaring back at you as if it were ready to pull your soul straight from your body. Nice addition for the dot over the I with a star from the chicago flag. I grew up in Forest Park just 20 minutes or so straight shot to Chicago on the I-290. In my hometown we at one point with all the cemetaries in it had more dead than living in the town.

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

I prefer the bottom. Chicago Rogues might roll off the tongue better than Chicago Death Dealers.

Thanks. It's not my team. Someone else's. They just wanted me to make them a logo. But I agree with you

they should really consider the "Reapers" that ties in the "Death Dealers"

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

Reapers would be cool. I prefer the bottom, it looks very nice. Great work.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

I like the bottom one the best. With the red or pinkish eyes glaring back at you as if it were ready to pull your soul straight from your body. Nice addition for the dot over the I with a star from the chicago flag. I grew up in Forest Park just 20 minutes or so straight shot to Chicago on the I-290. In my hometown we at one point with all the cemetaries in it had more dead than living in the town.

Yeah it seems like the bottom one is the best but not for the name. I agree with everyone's comment.

That's pretty cool chris, unless you don't like dead people Ahaha.

And I'll work on a secondary with a scythe or something

sig_zpsbkzghgfz.png

Twitter: @lestoplegault - Email: Christiantlegault@gmail.com Blog: http://legaultdesigns.blogspot.ca/

Archived