Flames announce details on new arena plans

JohnnyCowboy5

"Give us these shiny new toys, and we'll defintely pay for almost 25% of them, give or take $300 million. Otherwise, we'll just move to... Hold on."

*flips hurriedly through U.S. atlas*

"...Atlanta. No :censored: WAIT AW DAMMIT"

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

None of the CFL stadiums are Div. I or NFL sized, the biggest CFL stadium would be third last in the NFL, and they can't be that big. But it's not like these are played in an empty field with bleachers taken from the local high school.

The Flames own the Stamps and they were looking to build new stadiums for both.

IEI5Tg1.png

Tbh I like the idea of an NHL and a CFL team sharing a stadium (or stadiums, will this count as seperate stadiums?). The CFL part doesn't look amazing, however. Maybe it will look better irl.

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom

Doesn't really scream football atmosphere.

calgary_next6.jpg?quality=55&strip=all&w

Wow not many large football stadiums get built these days with tracks. And I'm guessing luxury seating is on the side that the picture doesn't show? Can't imagine they would build a stadium without that.

Wow not many large football stadiums get built these days with tracks. And I'm guessing luxury seating is on the side that the picture doesn't show? Can't imagine they would build a stadium without that.

Yeah, even Hamilton nixed the PanAm track for Tim Horton's Field. Though Calgary might now be able to corner both most winter & now summer Olympic training + trials.

Or maybe the IAAF doesn't allow such indoor qualification & I don't know wtf I'm talking about. (bow)

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Archived