Chicago Wolves ARE a Chicago team

deked73

Auburn Hills Pistons. Arlington Cowboys. New Jersey Giants/Jets. Carson Galaxy. Bridgeview Fire. Orchard Park Bills.... Oh wait, none of those exist because they're still the teams of Detroit/Dallas/New York/Los Angeles/Chicago/Buffalo. The Wolves can still be and are Chicago's AHL franchise.

You're making a mountain out of a molehill here, bud.

And this was sparked from a logo comment section on the Mothership? C'mon now. We used to have a thread dedicated to bad comments from those sections. It was overflowing.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I've seen a lot of rabid hate from Blackhawks fans for the Wolves over the years, and I don't get it. What, you don't like that the nearby minor league club is laissez-faire at best when it comes to your least-favorite teams developing depth prospects? Are you that invested in the IceHogs?

I like the Wolves. I like the Blackhawks. If it wasn't for the Wolves, I wouldn't be nearly as big a hockey fan as I am. Going to Wolves games made me fall in love with the sport, and I look forward to taking my son to one someday, because I damn sure won't be able to afford Hawks tickets ever again.

All that said, deked73, you really need to get over yourself.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

It wasn't friends it was Hawks "fans" who seem to be fair weather fans that have jumped on the Hawks back with their success and I think will be the first to jump off if they begin to struggle again.

I would like to know where were these guys during the lean years when the ABC line of Arnason, Bell and Calder were there. When the Hawks had a whole slew of coaches. Daryl Sutter, Trent Yawney, Bob Pulford, Dirk Graham, Alpo Suhonen, Craig Hartsburg, Brian Sutter, Denis Savard. When Seabrook and Keith were starting with the Hawks and they got Sharp from the Flyers. Where were they when the UC was half empty far too many times. Probably hangin out at "the Cell" watching the Sox win the World Series then jumping ship to go to Soldier Field when the Bears went to the Super Bowl and then hopping on the wagon to Wrigley when Dusty Baker came along and the Cubs were consistently in the playoffs.

Don't tell me the Wolves don't deserve to have Chicago in their name when these guys didn't seem to care when the Hawks were bad REAL FANS are fans through the good and the bad. I loved the Blackhawks slogan "Show your colors!" I am Hawks fan been one since Murray Bannerman was in net and they had Alain Chevrier, Jaques Cloutier, Darren Pang. When Ray Le Blanc played his only game with the Hawks right after the Olympics. Steve Larmer, Tom Lysiak, Steve Ludzik, Grant Mulvey were there. I am A Wolves fan and i was a season ticket holder and my family still is. My extended family are also Wolves fans and Hawks fans.

Whenever the Wolves played the Hawks affiliates like the Indianapolis Ice, Cleveland Lumberjacks, Norfolk Admirals or Rockford Ice Hogs. I never cheered because we beat the Baby Hawks but that we beat the Ice, the Jacks, the Admirals or the Hogs.

Allstate Arena is right across the tollway from O' Hare. When there was a runway directly in line with Allstate we would watch the planes flying overhead landing while waiting for the doors to open and seeing opposing players looking up at the ceiling as a Jet flies right over and making the building shake and seeing the fear in their faces at times.

God, this is just awful.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I've seen a lot of rabid hate from Blackhawks fans for the Wolves over the years, and I don't get it. What, you don't like that the nearby minor league club is laissez-faire at best when it comes to your least-favorite teams developing depth prospects? Are you that invested in the IceHogs?

I don't get it either. I think it's great that the Wolves are around and providing a more affordable alternative to the Blackhawks in a near-major-league arena. That being said, I am more interested in the fortunes of Rockford's team than Rosemont's, and will root for the former over the latter, but there's no question that having the Wolves do well is good for Chicago sports fans.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 2 weeks later...

DePaul will be playing in Chicago sometime during the 2016-2017 college basketball season across the street from McCormick Place in the Historic Prairie Avenue District and have 2 more seasons at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, IL. Construction of the McCormick Place Events Center will begin at the end of September and will take 2 years to complete and will be owned y the Metropolitan Pier and Exposition Authority (MPEA or McPier) despite DePaul University paying for nearly 1/2 of the events center

Uh, thanks, WikipediaBot.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived