Saskatoon's Soccer team, Living Skies FC

wquarton

This is a good start, but I would say it's a bit too busy right now. Simplify the details in the compass, arrow and rooster and enlarge them. I would also simplify the border pattern and striping. Good work though!

This is really good, and I honestly think that this doesn't need updates. Great job on this.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Sorry to be critical, but I do mean it to be constructive. My first reaction to this design is it's like looking out of the farmhouse window just as lightning hits the weather vane on the barn. I gather the name is derived from the Saskatchewan licence plate slogan, "The Land of Living Skies." What I take from that slogan is broader than lightning: there are migrating birds, dark skies for stargazing and seeing the Northern Lights, changing cloud patterns, etc. I think some of these lively elements could be worked into your design, and I'd suggest making room by substituting a live bird or two for the weather vane.

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

Much better, but the shield needs an outline. As well, the two shades of green are too similar. Either use 2 shades with a bit more contrast, or make it all one shade of green. Looks better with less detail compared to the first attempt. I also agree with sports herald's suggestion, but your call. Nice work.

Tried something a little different. Saskatoon has a bunch of different bridges, so that it's sometimes nicknamed Bridge City, so I kept it pretty similar but swapped the rooster for the most prominent bridge a la r/saskatoon's suggestion. BTIZJgp.png

Was going for grain elevator shaped, but now looking at it , may have ended up a little more church shaped.

leNTn6m.png

I much prefer the circle logo design, i really think you are on to something with this design. The berries are lost in the design due to their dark colours. I would like to see this design with a white symbol of some sort, under the bridge. Maybe quite a simple symbol that matches the same style as the bridge.

Archived