High School Concept | PCHS | Primary & Wordmark

SiLeNt WaVe

For the longest time, the logo for the high school I graduated from has bothered me. It really even used that much. The only place you'd actually see it is on the soft mats at the ends of the basketball court. And for football, we used to use the Wisconsin "W" but my senior class finally decided to stop using it. Now they have switched the past few seasons and went blank, and then last season donned what's on the photo below.

warden.gif2NUjdSy.jpg9vtbTR0.jpg

So, I decided to give a rebrand concept a shot. I've posted other logos I've done on here, and have gotten good C&C and reviews. So here we go. I like what I've got so far, but to tell you all the truth, the hat still needs some work. BUT, it's a start. This is the primary and wordmark concepts so far. I'd like to eventually do something for the football helmets to take place of the "PC". C&C welcomed as usual.

PCHS_Presentation_zpss0eockrf.png

DWD_Sig_zpsbbf8ibvd.png

This is really nice! Definitely a lot better than what they currently have. I honestly don't think there's much you can do to fix the primary, its already a really good looking logo. I was going to suggest a more rounded mustache, but the more I look at it the way you have it is really growing on me.

As for the football helmets, I think the sheriff star would look nice on the side. If it looks too simple, you could add an updated PC initial inside.

CottonBowl_zpsc664d73a.png

4vAzk2u.png

Star championship signature credit to packerfan21396

This is definitely an upgrade. I personally don't think that shading is necessary on the mustache, but it is up to you. Good work.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

So far, these are the 2 options I've got for the secondary/helmet logo. The W is something they'd probably like better as we've used something similar in the past. I'm not sure how I feel about the PC one. It feels forced. The 2 letters don't really allow an interlock that I can think of at the moment. If it's possible it'd be a lot better looking. Of course, this font is just something I'm using at the moment anyway and it's not set in stone. It looks good as the wordmark though.

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-21%20at%203.58.4

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-21%20at%203.53.4

DWD_Sig_zpsbbf8ibvd.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived