ESPN Uni Watch Ranks the Best Dressed Cities

TheLAKnight

ESPN recently posted their 2015 rankings of the cities with the best looking uniforms. Most cities fall roughly where they should, but the way the jerseys rank seems a bit arbitrary. The Blues are only a 6.5 with the Penguins and Ducks? And how are the Kings only a 3.5?! Sorry, biased opinion.

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/13416018/best-dressed-cities-based-sports-team-uniforms

There's also a separate list for cities with only 2 teams.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13456913/uni-watch-power-rankings-best-dressed-two-team-cities-based-uniforms

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chicago #3, eh? this is why i can't take Lukas seriously.

You didn't exactly articulate the reason for your disagreement, but then again it's just easier to rip PL.

FWIW, I'd probably put Chicago at #1, but 3 is reasonable.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

You didn't exactly articulate the reason for your disagreement, but then again it's just easier to rip PL.

What's there to articulate?

He's given the Blackhawks, who absolutely dominate NHL best dressed lists every time they are run by anyone, a 7/10.

Under his rating system, the New England Patriots are a better looking sports franchise than the Chicago Blackhawks.

Nobody who is being serious for even a second could genuinely claim to believe that.

The Bulls at 6.5 is also way out of line with how he ranks other teams.

Actually, green is his favorite. So there's that.

FWIW, I think purple is a fine color in most applications but sucks for a sports uniform. It seems to be the one color most affected by conditions, looking too blue or too dark under artificial light, indoors, etc.

Gothamite, we all know you are Paul Lukas

I haven't checked out the list...but I'm guessing New York is number one? Let me take a look...

I was wrong...but I don't really disagree with Boston. Too bad for my city; dammit, Clippers! Plus he rates the Kings a 2.5? C'mon...

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

What's there to articulate?

He's given the Blackhawks, who absolutely dominate NHL best dressed lists every time they are run by anyone, a 7/10.

Under his rating system, the New England Patriots are a better looking sports franchise than the Chicago Blackhawks.

Nobody who is being serious for even a second could genuinely claim to believe that.

The Bulls at 6.5 is also way out of line with how he ranks other teams.

The ability to use words like adults and explain disagreements rather than "can't take xxx seriously" is paramount to debates like this.

You or anyone else is welcome to come up with your own subjective rating system and rank teams any way you see fit, and then allow people to slam you for your opinions. All you're really doing here is stating your opinions and claiming that they are more valid than someone else's.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived