NY Red Bulls makeover

wquarton

I know this is sort of breaking the unofficial rules here, but just curious how soccer fans feel about the NY red bulls current logo(I find it super corporate and some of my eurosnob friends cite it as a reason they dislike MLS, which makes me sad) and If they see this one, which isn't that much different, as an improvement. Sorry I've been posting a ton, just have a bunch of free time.

Had to get rid of the RED BULL at the top, while still paying homage to red bull and obviously keeping the bulls on it. Replaced the soccer ball with a bright red apple, to represent the whole NY is red rhetoric they've been ramping up between them and NYCFC, and then added the year, because I think they've been around long enough to show it off at this point.

Happy Friday folks

CyVK4V1.png

I can't say it's improvement. The fonts clash at the top the apple doesn't work and the 1995 doesn't fit in the space.

It's just kind of slapped together, I would like to see an update

To those who say it looks corporate, and it's one of the reasons why they don't like MLS, I hope they know that red bull owns like 6-8 other clubs that are all similar names. Bayer Leverkusen is the pharmaceutical company which is based in Leverkusen.

It was a little slapped together tbh, I'll be back with another cleaner version. Perhaps they know that, perhaps not, personally I still don't understand how having an energy drink in your name can be considered anything less than tacky, but call me crazy I guess. I'm not sure if people know that about bayer leverkusen, and I'll be sure to mention that to them, but to me that still doesn't make it any less tacky. If anything it just makes me lose respect for Leverkusen as well.

Personally I'd like to see it changed, if only for the fact that I think it's undeniably a barrier for some people, whether they're idiots or not. Like really what if the Seattle Seahawks changed their name to the Seattle Monsters(the other energy drink). Just cause 8 other teams have it, 8 wrongs don't make a right.

I'm not a fan. This doesn't look like a soccer team's logo, and I like the ball way better than the apple. I agree that the fonts and colors clash at the top, and Wgeddes122 is right about the 1995 not fitting properly. This isn't an improvement, it is a downgrade to a good logo.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

It's an interesting way of naming a team. Red bull owning teams and putting their brand into the team is a unique way of naming a team. Also PSV Eindhoven is Phillips (the tech company) because members of the company founded the club way back when, all teams have a history to their name. It's not tacky the team name of red bull is very unique to not only soccer but also to other sports.

Archived