NHL Baseball Crossover - Update: Atlanta Flames

TheLAKnight

I really like crossover series' such as these and it's been a while since I've seen one posted. I've been sitting on this topic for a while; working and tweaking jerseys over the past few months so that lose motivation halfway through. Each team already has a home, road, and at least 1 alternate set done with some exceptions for new or unusual number fonts. Some of the inspiration for these came from threads by McCarthy and Christian Legault so I want to thank them ahead of time if some aspects are similar.

I'm a hockey fan first so some of the more traditional baseball elements might not be exactly right. Most teams take cues from local MLB teams while adding each NHL teams own spin on it.

Without further ado, here is Anaheim to start off the Pacific Division.

AnaDucks%20Home_zpsxwoo7mom.pngAnaDucks%20HomeAlt_zpsff7oj8oq.pngAnaDucks%20Road_zpsqj1w8uvp.png

I will be adding new jerseys, like Anaheim's orange third, and throwbacks from time to time or at the end. C&C is encouraged if there is anything should be changed for this set or the league as a whole.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That first set looks pretty awesome! The one small problem I have is the shoulder patch. If it's a crossover to baseball, it doesn't make much sense to have hockey sticks on the alternate logo. Just a minor detail, but it would really add to the whole crossover part. Great start though

This looks nice, I was just thinking about not many cross over series to. Looks nice, other than the hockey sticks on the shoulder patch logo it looks pretty fine. I'm guessing Arizona is next?

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

That first set looks pretty awesome! The one small problem I have is the shoulder patch. If it's a crossover to baseball, it doesn't make much sense to have hockey sticks on the alternate logo. Just a minor detail, but it would really add to the whole crossover part. Great start though

This looks nice, I was just thinking about not many cross over series to. Looks nice, other than the hockey sticks on the shoulder patch logo it looks pretty fine.

I decided not to change any logos with sticks or pucks showing because they are too integral a part of certain identities.

So judging by your logic presenting the Bruins will be Red Sox like and the Rangers would be Yankees?

Pretty much. Although, some teams have details which don't fit perfectly in line. For example, the Rangers and Islanders share details from the both Yankees and Mets.

Would you look at that. This is my 100th post. :upside:

This is nice, but on the Ducks set, I would have one patch on the sleeve. I would eliminate the primary patch and just have the alternate logo.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Maybe use the c like how the Pittsburgh alts are? Like as a chest patch? Just an idea

I'll look into how it would look for Calgary. Other teams will be using that design too

This is nice, but on the Ducks set, I would have one patch on the sleeve. I would eliminate the primary patch and just have the alternate logo.

The 2 sleeve patches and use of the webbed D in 3 different places are meant to mimic the look of the Angels jerseys.

hoinvtwxff58hevc40go327w4.gif

Ok i know I don't know that we'll of the Oilers jerseys but for some reason that doesn't seem like the font or anything of what I thought Edmonton was

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

I really like the Calgary script, but the Flames wordmark doesn't really look like it belongs a professional baseball jersey. How about a Flames script font that looks similar to the Calgary script?

For Edmonton, I think the logo could work as a nice chest logo. I think both the Edmonton wordmarks are fairly weak: the regular gray jersey's mark is too generic and the orange jersey looks like a weird '70s fauxback minor league jersey. I assume you are trying to mimic their logo, but by arching it, it looks odd. Also, a good rule of thumb is to make the home alternate the brighter color and make the darker one the road alternate (or one that can be worn both at home and on the road).

award%20sig.png

Ok i know I don't know that we'll of the Oilers jerseys but for some reason that doesn't seem like the font or anything of what I thought Edmonton was

I really like the Calgary script, but the Flames wordmark doesn't really look like it belongs a professional baseball jersey. How about a Flames script font that looks similar to the Calgary script?

For Edmonton, I think the logo could work as a nice chest logo. I think both the Edmonton wordmarks are fairly weak: the regular gray jersey's mark is too generic and the orange jersey looks like a weird '70s fauxback minor league jersey. I assume you are trying to mimic their logo, but by arching it, it looks odd. Also, a good rule of thumb is to make the home alternate the brighter color and make the darker one the road alternate (or one that can be worn both at home and on the road).

All of the wordmarks that I've used are taken or altered from ones that I found on here. Some of them are a bit strange I'll admit, but I was working with what was available.

Here are the jerseys for my Los Angeles Kings. As has been suggested for the previous teams, I gave them an alternate with a chest logo. It's one of the better jerseys I've made.

LAKings%20Home_zpsurrmntha.pngLAKings%20HomeAlt_zpsypjicwlt.pngLAKings%20Road_zpsgiyhrcud.pngLAKings%20RoadAlt_zps8j8ukell.png

It may be hard to tell with this template, but each jersey has piping (black, grey, black, white).

Archived