NHL Baseball Crossover - Update: Atlanta Flames

TheLAKnight

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What font did you end up using for the Islanders?

On hockeyjerseyconcepts.com their is a link to a photobucket account with the fonts of most current and former NHL teams from the last 10 years, though it's slightly outdated now. There are a few AHL fonts included like that of the old Connecticut Whale.

CTWhaleupdate.png

I used the white jersey version because it already has a double outline. The 1 that I used was from the Hartford Whalers set, ironically enough, which itself was modified from the Blues font.

I realized earlier today that I was going to save the Eastern teams for later. Whoops, oh well. The Isles are a special treat then.

Up next are former residents of the State of Hockey, the Minnesota North Stars. I haven't finished every set as there are about 5 different looks that I'm recreating, so here are their 3 pre-BFBS sets. The first home jersey is loosely based on the Twins early sets.

1967-1975

MinNorthStars%20Home_zpsy7jxcq2l.pngMinNorthStars%20Road_zpsw2rua5wr.png

1975-1978

MinNorthStars%20Home2_zpstx4cdgdz.pngMinNorthStars%20HomeAlt_zpsobzhukjd.pngMinNorthStars%20Road2_zps5i0rfbkc.png

1978-1981 (Green would last until 1988)

MinNorthStars%20Home3_zpsgwvczkyv.pngMinNorthStars%20HomeAlt2_zpsbdj3rp3p.pngMinNorthStars%20Road3_zpsgquvlanl.png

The North Stars look fantastic! Green pinstripes look surprisingly good. These defunct team concepts are giving me a history lesson about the NHL, by the way.

If I could make a request, I'd like to see a Detroit throwback set based on this jersey. Red and cream look great together, and I love the wordmark and "Monopoly"-style numbers.

Will you also be doing concepts for some of the early Depression-era teams who were only around for a few years?

The North Stars look fantastic! Green pinstripes look surprisingly good. These defunct team concepts are giving me a history lesson about the NHL, by the way.

If I could make a request, I'd like to see a Detroit throwback set based on this jersey. Red and cream look great together, and I love the wordmark and "Monopoly"-style numbers.

Will you also be doing concepts for some of the early Depression-era teams who were only around for a few years?

I'll probably be doing specialty jerseys for select teams later on as a big group.

Probably only for 3 teams: the Montreal Maroons, the New York Americans, and the (original) Ottawa Senators. All 3 were around for at least 10 which is more than I've had to work with for other short lived expansion teams.

I'll probably be doing specialty jerseys for select teams later on as a big group.

Probably only for 3 teams: the Montreal Maroons, the New York Americans, and the (original) Ottawa Senators. All 3 were around for at least 10 which is more than I've had to work with for other short lived expansion teams.

Not sure if my request will be done, but I'm gonna say it once again: If possible, the Hampton Roads Rhinos?

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

This is hands down my favorite thread on this forum. I have been coming back everyday just to see what you have next. Love the retro style of the North Stars and agree with the idea to do one with a black North Stars set. Also you did a great job on my ducks!

Archived