Project Unity - Bauer Hockey NHL Redesign - Columbus Blue Jackets Alternate

ieatstaples

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like the overall design and striping on the jerseys. I think you have reduced the detail on the webbed foot logo a bit too much. It looks very minimalist.

I agree with the others; either go with jade and eggplant, or go with black/orange/gold or something similar. If you go to a third colour scheme in franchise history, you're officially in Vancouver Canucks territory (and we all know how weak their identity is).

Maybe substitute black for eggplant with the current scheme. Eggplant, Orange, Gold

H0LFJwh.png

Especially with their most recent semi-rebrand, black always seemed like an unnecessary addition to the Coyotes' color scheme. Replacing black is a dark maroon which compliments the brick red but still provides enough contrast. The most notable features of the jerseys are the return of the Southwest-style pattern along the arms and hem, and the subliminated sun rays from the secondary logo which is inspired by the Arizona state flag.

G5Fk2iD.png

XYqTQoP.png

I'd switch the colors of the kachina and the stripe and maybe do something more with the captain's patch, having it match the number font. I'd also switch the color of the Fry's ad on the home jersey to white. Other than that it's good.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

Guys lay off of TRoyConcepts!! He knows what he's doing and he's a very talented designer. Yeah, he may be critical at times but that's what this :censored:ing forum is for!! Honestly, he gave his opinion and that's that...why are you guys wasting your time ranting on him if it isn't going to change anything? This forum is supposed to be graphic designers bringing each other up, yes, but it's also about making others better!

As for the Ducks, the diagonal striping looks good!. I'm not convinced about the colours, though...

As for the Coyotes, I like it but it needs more sand!!

TWolf

Guys lay off of TRoyConcepts!! He knows what he's doing and he's a very talented designer. Yeah, he may be critical at times but that's what this :censored:ing forum is for!! Honestly, he gave his opinion and that's that...why are you guys wasting your time ranting on him if it isn't going to change anything? This forum is supposed to be graphic designers bringing each other up, yes, but it's also about making others better!

As for the Ducks, the diagonal striping looks good!. I'm not convinced about the colours, though...

As for the Coyotes, I like it but it needs more sand!!

TWolf

It's ok JB. Nothing to worry about. I really don't care for the flack. I find that in this hobby you need to be critical to get a response. Too many people focus on the "I love this" comments and move on, ignoring the criticism that will make them a better artist.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

Small point, but now that I look at these again, I'm guessing they wouldn't have the manufacture logo (Bauer) and the sponsor logo (Honda, Fry's) side by side under the yoke. Especially with the Captain/Assistant badges also in the vicinity.

Maybe try shifting the Bauer to the back; it'll clean up the front.

So overall consensus is more sand? I wanted to balance white and sand on the home jersey because if you have all sand-colored stripes on the home, then shoe-horning a white road jersey is a bit odd when it's nowhere to be seen on the home jersey. And I really don't want a sand colored away jersey.

Small point, but now that I look at these again, I'm guessing they wouldn't have the manufacture logo (Bauer) and the sponsor logo (Honda, Fry's) side by side under the yoke. Especially with the Captain/Assistant badges also in the vicinity.

Maybe try shifting the Bauer to the back; it'll clean up the front.

I agree it'd look a bit more cleaned up in the front, but I tried to replicate what Bauer does already. They have their logo under the collar on the front, on the back, and on the bottom right of the back of the hem. I thought a bottom hem logo would be too much.

tiICfnW.png

So as it turns out it's pretty freaking hard to redesign the Bruins. The goal was to maintain Boston's classic look but to still try something different. As long as their history is, their jerseys haven't really deviated too far from each other so it was difficult to draw inspiration from previous looks. As a result, these new jerseys pay a bit homage to the 1939-40 jerseys, adopting a similar striping pattern.

PJI5dX4.png

MMOFMs5.png

As a Bruins fan, I was so close to throwing up the snack I just ate. I don't know what it is, I believe this is a huge downgrade for the Bruins, Sorry man.

"This is our f*****g city. And nobody is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong."—David Ortiz 

#34ever

As a Bruins fan, I was so close to throwing up the snack I just ate. I don't know what it is, I believe this is a huge downgrade for the Bruins, Sorry man.

Wow, thanks for such constructive criticism.

You want to explain why?

Yeah, tell us how you really feel?

I personally like the Bruins set. Minor changes: maybe adjust the half stripe below the yoke to have it gradually taper off to the yoke. It looks a little abrupt as is. The arm striping is OK, but I'd narrow the stripes to make it look a little more modern. The thickness of the black stripe in the middle is a good amount.

Wow, thanks for such constructive criticism.

You want to explain why?

Alright, I really like their striping pattern they use now, and the arm just looks too crowded. Maybe use 1 stripe on the arm...

"This is our f*****g city. And nobody is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong."—David Ortiz 

#34ever

You're right, Boston can be really hard to make a concept for. I like these. Are they as good as their real jersey, no, but these are still nice, classic jerseys. I like the double stripe for the vintage feel. Maybe thin them slightly. The way you have the shoulder yoke is a classic Bruins thing, so I'd keep it. If you curved into the rest of the yoke it'd be a little more modern, which might balance out the elements of the set. I like it either way.

Archived