Project Unity - Bauer Hockey NHL Redesign - Columbus Blue Jackets Alternate

ieatstaples

F0tbVWc.png

The 2017-18 season will mark the end of Reebok's era of hockey jerseys, and in light of recent developments I thought it would be interesting to explore what Bauer, a staple in hockey culture, could do with the NHL. This project is loosely based off of and inspired by Bauer's current Team Unity program. All teams will be receiving redesigns (yes, the O6 will see changes, however small or insignificant,) and every jersey will be sporting an advertisement patch on the front (due to the league's desire, not Bauer's). I'll be attempting to do home and road jerseys for all 30 NHL teams, and perhaps alternate jerseys at the end of this project. I hope you enjoy and of course C&C is always welcomed.

Album link to all teams

(progress: 30/30)

Anaheim Ducks (UPDATED)                     ALTERNATE

Arizona Coyotes

Boston Bruins (UPDATED)                        ALTERNATE

Buffalo Sabres

Calgary Flames                                          ALTERNATE

Carolina Hurricanes

Chicago Blackhawks

Colorado Avalanche (UPDATED)              ALTERNATE

Columbus Blue Jackets (UPDATED)        ALTERNATE

Dallas Stars

Detroit Red Wings

Edmonton Oilers

Florida Panthers (UPDATED)

Los Angeles Kings

Minnesota Wild

Montreal Canadiens

Nashville Predators (UPDATED)

New Jersey Devils

New York Islanders

New York Rangers

Ottawa Senators (UPDATED)

Philadelphia Flyers (UPDATED)

Pittsburgh Penguins (UPDATED)

San Jose Sharks

St. Louis Blues

Tampa Bay Lightning

Toronto Maple Leafs

Vancouver Canucks

Washington Capitals

Winnipeg Jets

jjcaKqy.png

The Ducks entered the league with one of the most unique color schemes in sports and it's a shame they've deviated so far since then. I really wanted to make purple the dominant color here to pay homage to the original color scheme, but to also usher in a new direction. The primary logo is a simplified version of the current logo, bringing it down to just purple and white with an orange accent (which is reflected in the jerseys). The secondary logo, you might recognize, is the very same concept logo designed and considered for Anaheim's redesign in 2006 seen here among other concepts. It's a nice, refreshed version of the original logo.

GAWs7Cr.png

cKrmMpd.png

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't mind the size and placement of the ad, but I'm pretty sure Bauer came out and said they wouldn't have them. Also doesn't make much sense to have the RBK Edge template to demonstrate Bauer. This just seems like an Adidas project with "Bauer" across the title. Anyway, I'm gonna move onto the design itself.

Considering Bauer's stance, I don't think they'd give the Ducks a purple and orange look. Not because it doesn't look good, but because the fans would rather see them go back to the maroon and green. This color scheme just teases the fans. I feel like changing the logo would be their main focus as well. This would have been better with Mighty Ducks logo at center stage. The design itself isn't terrible, but it's just another Minnesota Wild rip-off. Also, the back number is wrong. Getzlaf wears 15 and I can see you know that as the TV numbers state that.

I really don't think this is the road Bauer would take, at all. Kind of a 180.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

Thanks for catching the numbers error, I'll definitely fix that.

With regards to using the Edge template, take a look at what they retail for hockey shops, and then also look at what they offer teams for customized jerseys.

I'm taking a lot of liberties with the designs because it's difficult to predict what Bauer would actually do. This isn't a realistic imagining of the direction Bauer would take, it's merely an interpretation and an opportunity to play with designs.

Also, Minnesota rip-off? That's hurtful. :(

Not a bad look for the Ducks. but I'd like to see it with the D done in purple or orange on the white jersey to make the logo stand out--other teams do that--siwtch the logo colours on the white jersey.

Maybe that would look worse, but I'd like to see it.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

@TRoyConcepts

I'm honestly getting sick and tired of you just basically trashing people's ideas. You make no effort in giving real helpful comments at all. Nobody said that Bauer was designing this. This is one persons take on what a company, like Bauer, could do. It's his own concepts. The ads were added because the NHL is thinking of adding them so just let it go. This is a concept of what could happen with ads, and what the creator thought looked great for the jersey, logo, and colour scheme. Also, not sure how a Ducks jersey is a Wild rip off. You gotta just chill out on your thinking that every concept that isn't yours isn't good. It's the creators take on what could happen and what they like. This is the creators idea on what Bauer could do. If they had the contract. It's not Bauers ideas. We will never know what Bauer would or wouldn't do, so just leave it alone. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes, but if you're just going to slam everyone's concept, maybe don't comment on it.

@ieatstaples

As for me, I love this design. I think the size of the ads are perfect and what should happen if the NHL puts ads on jerseys. I like what Anaheim is doing now with ther colours, but I like your idea as well. And that shoulder patch, I love it. They need to use that now! I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of your concepts. Especially the Jets!

Sorry for the rant, I just have seen way too many comments like that. But I really do love what you have going here.

Black and orange is a solid color scheme (just ask the Flyers.) However, the gold (or whatever) destroys that solid aesthetic. I would love it if they made their primary D logo orange like, you know, an actual duck's foot. I like your design because it goes with a white logo, which pops, but subtly includes orange.

I also love the simplified throwback logo. However, in trying to picture your design IRL, I can't help but think that some of the detail would be lost if it were as small as you have pictured. Maybe it wouldn't but I feel like it would look better if you made the sleeve patches larger. Might sound picky, but since the rest of the design is great, I figured I'd at least throw in my two cents.

We gotta remember that the concepts posted here are just that, concepts. We blur the lines of what teams may do, manufacturers may do, to come up with creative ways to represent a team's identity.

Just because you dont feel like that a certain person would ever do this, color a logo this way, or the like, doesn't mean that we can't open the door for someone's personal concept and create just about damn near anything.

It's the concepts board. We gotta settle down with the "OMG THIS IS AWESOME, SEND THIS TO THE _____________ RIGHT NOW, THIS IS WHAT THEY SHOULD BE WEARING!" attitude from time to time.

As for the Ducks concept, I like it, and the Purple/Orange scheme is unlike any most people would have thought of. The colors seem to clash at times, I think adding a gray accent here and there would soften it a bit.

Also, in before someone yells "EGGPLANT AND JADE!"

I really don't mind the size and placement of the ad, but I'm pretty sure Bauer came out and said they wouldn't have them. Also doesn't make much sense to have the RBK Edge template to demonstrate Bauer. This just seems like an Adidas project with "Bauer" across the title. Anyway, I'm gonna move onto the design itself.

Considering Bauer's stance, I don't think they'd give the Ducks a purple and orange look. Not because it doesn't look good, but because the fans would rather see them go back to the maroon and green. This color scheme just teases the fans. I feel like changing the logo would be their main focus as well. This would have been better with Mighty Ducks logo at center stage. The design itself isn't terrible, but it's just another Minnesota Wild rip-off. Also, the back number is wrong. Getzlaf wears 15 and I can see you know that as the TV numbers state that.

@TRoyConcepts

I'm honestly getting sick and tired of you just basically trashing people's ideas. You make no effort in giving real helpful comments at all. Nobody said that Bauer was designing this. This is one persons take on what a company, like Bauer, could do. It's his own concepts. The ads were added because the NHL is thinking of adding them so just let it go. This is a concept of what could happen with ads, and what the creator thought looked great for the jersey, logo, and colour scheme. Also, not sure how a Ducks jersey is a Wild rip off. You gotta just chill out on your thinking that every concept that isn't yours isn't good. It's the creators take on what could happen and what they like. This is the creators idea on what Bauer could do. If they had the contract. It's not Bauers ideas. We will never know what Bauer would or wouldn't do, so just leave it alone. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes, but if you're just going to slam everyone's concept, maybe don't comment on it.

@ieatstaples

As for me, I love this design. I think the size of the ads are perfect and what should happen if the NHL puts ads on jerseys. I like what Anaheim is doing now with ther colours, but I like your idea as well. And that shoulder patch, I love it. They need to use that now! I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of your concepts. Especially the Jets!Sorry for the rant, I just have seen way too many comments like that. But I really do love what you have going here.

I've seen your comments a lot too TRoyConcepts. Show the guy/girl some respect! They put a lot of effort and Its not supposed to be super realistic, just a fun, creative idea. Just chill!

Also I like the white logo on white jersey. can't wait for Bruins one!

SB%2001%2003%2004%2015_zpsuc4ldp3t.pngNBA%20All_zpsgzk5pipt.pngSC%2029%2039%2041%2070%2072%2011_zpspiuwWS%2003%2012%2015%2016%2018%2004%2007%20

Well, besides the Honda ad I really like this. I don't know if I'd like to see it used, but again this is a concept so I'm glad you took a creative turn. I'm interested in what you'll do for the rest of the league.

Thank you everyone for the supportive comments. My designs aren't going to sit well with everyone and that's fine, but as long as they challenge what people think of a creative design, then I'm okay with that.

Not a bad look for the Ducks. but I'd like to see it with the D done in purple or orange on the white jersey to make the logo stand out--other teams do that--siwtch the logo colours on the white jersey.

Yeah, when I was in the process of doing the road jersey, I tried playing with the logo thinking it was a bit too white. Not sure if a reversal of colors works.

HZgHmj9.png

@TRoyConcepts

@ieatstaples

As for me, I love this design. I think the size of the ads are perfect and what should happen if the NHL puts ads on jerseys. I like what Anaheim is doing now with ther colours, but I like your idea as well. And that shoulder patch, I love it. They need to use that now! I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of your concepts. Especially the Jets!

Sorry for the rant, I just have seen way too many comments like that. But I really do love what you have going here.

omg stop complaining. You act like negative criticism is like :censored:ting on your grave. Calm down and stop trying to pick fights. I got the same criticism with my NHL Under Amour series, and it made sense. It doesn't make much sense when you label something as Bauer and it has nothing to do with what they'd actually do.

@TRoyConcepts

@ieatstaples

As for me, I love this design. I think the size of the ads are perfect and what should happen if the NHL puts ads on jerseys. I like what Anaheim is doing now with ther colours, but I like your idea as well. And that shoulder patch, I love it. They need to use that now! I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of your concepts. Especially the Jets!Sorry for the rant, I just have seen way too many comments like that. But I really do love what you have going here.

I've seen your comments a lot too TRoyConcepts. Show the guy/girl some respect! They put a lot of effort and Its not supposed to be super realistic, just a fun, creative idea. Just chill!

Also I like the white logo on white jersey. can't wait for Bruins one!

How was I being disrespectful? If you can't handle negative criticism then why are you here? Also don't bash on my criticism if yours is solely "I like this".

We gotta remember that the concepts posted here are just that, concepts. We blur the lines of what teams may do, manufacturers may do, to come up with creative ways to represent a team's identity.

Just because you dont feel like that a certain person would ever do this, color a logo this way, or the like, doesn't mean that we can't open the door for someone's personal concept and create just about damn near anything.

It's the concepts board. We gotta settle down with the "OMG THIS IS AWESOME, SEND THIS TO THE _____________ RIGHT NOW, THIS IS WHAT THEY SHOULD BE WEARING!" attitude from time to time.

As for the Ducks concept, I like it, and the Purple/Orange scheme is unlike any most people would have thought of. The colors seem to clash at times, I think adding a gray accent here and there would soften it a bit.

Also, in before someone yells "EGGPLANT AND JADE!"

I do not believe I told him he can't make concepts. jfc this forum isn't a circlejerk for positivity. Not everyone is gonna like everything, and it seems some of you guys don't understand that. I want to see what he's gonna do with the thread, I never said he just needs to completely restart, I simply gave my opinion on the jersey and idea he gave us. It still doesn't make much sense, but he can continue with it as he most likely will. I'm not stopping him from doing anything. It also seems like you guys are more upset by my comments then he is. Stop fighting other people's battles.

Thank you everyone for the supportive comments. My designs aren't going to sit well with everyone and that's fine, but as long as they challenge what people think of a creative design, then I'm okay with that.

Yeah, when I was in the process of doing the road jersey, I tried playing with the logo thinking it was a bit too white. Not sure if a reversal of colors works.

HZgHmj9.png

Personally, I think the original colors for the logo look the best. Although, I still believe the Mighty Ducks logo would look better as the primary.

Thanks for catching the numbers error, I'll definitely fix that.

With regards to using the Edge template, take a look at what they retail for hockey shops, and then also look at what they offer teams for customized jerseys.

I'm taking a lot of liberties with the designs because it's difficult to predict what Bauer would actually do. This isn't a realistic imagining of the direction Bauer would take, it's merely an interpretation and an opportunity to play with designs.

Also, Minnesota rip-off? That's hurtful. :(

I always thought they had a much different template. nvm that's my bad. I completely understand your take on this, I personally just don't find that it makes much sense to have it the way you did, but it's completely understandable the way you're doing it.

Archived