NFL Uni-Redesign - (32/32) *Vikings and Warriors*

SydniT23

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My point is that people are obsessing over the NW stripe for no good reason

I only use it because its the only striping pattern they have while the rest is kind of random so that's one of the things that's easy to make consistent throughout the uniform.

Rose%2BBowl_sig.png

I only use it because its the only striping pattern they have while the rest is kind of random so that's one of the things that's easy to make consistent throughout the uniform.

Like I said originally, why not do something similar to what they wore in the 80s?

Like I said originally, why not do something similar to what they wore in the 80s?

Yeah I can try it! I just really never thought of it but I'll see what it looks like and then I'll put it up here

Rose%2BBowl_sig.png

Yeah I can try it! I just really never thought of it but I'll see what it looks like and then I'll put it up here

I'm almost certain it will look better. Aside from this, I am absolutely loving this series!

Now you've got a Packers/Chiefs clone. There's nothing wrong with the Northwestern stripe, as long as not a lot of teams use it. The second version of the Giants was definitely the best.

Yeah I'm thinking I might stick with the Northwestern stripe for NY. Both striping patterns look good and have history with the team but you are right this particular striping pattern looks just like that of the Packers and Chiefs, while there aren't any other teams that use the NW stripe.

Rose%2BBowl_sig.png

Hey sorry I didn't get 3 sets in yesterday I was busy but here they are now! The Patriots, Raiders, and Ravens!

Patriots:

The current sets for the Pats are pretty dated IMO with the piping and and shoulder stripes it's just kind of generic. So I basically just re-did the whole look except for the helmet. The changes I made include subliminated stars and stripes on the shoulders and sleeves and new pants striping with the NE logo on the hip.

CbnchVU.jpg6FKw4T2.jpgJ7O6jD4.jpg

Raiders:

Not much you can do with the Raiders so my only changes are a black face mask, thicker striping, number outlines, word mark on chest, and a 1960s throwback gold alt.

I5SZsyp.jpgMwRfq2e.jpgE7yjcJ8.jpg

Ravens:

The Ravens current sets just seem kind of random and thrown together to me so I added so consistency and identity. My changes include a new striping pattern on the helmet the reflects the identity, Maryland flag on the sleeve caps, and new striping pattern on the pants to match the helmet stripe.

p3QOCtX.jpgHnyO5rK.jpgilQd241.jpg

Rose%2BBowl_sig.png

I love the Pats' unis just get rid of the logo on the pants or make it smaller.

"You play to win the game...Hello. You play to win the game." - Herman Edwards

"We talkin' bout practice?" - A.I.

"What’s that? Ah — playoffs? Don’t talk about — playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game! Another game." - Jim Mora

PATRIOTS--I would do away with the embossed stars on the sleeves. That just makes the jerseys look too much like the embossed vertical striped jerseys of 1995-99. And I would go with silver pants with the red alternate jerseys. Actually, I would just keep the 1985 throwback uniforms instead of having alternates. They look better (IMO) and the old helmet with Pat Patriot hiking the ball is very popular among Patriot fans.

RAIDERS--ABSOLUTELY NO CHANGES are necessary to the uniforms. (Just to many of the players currently wearing those uniforms.) Alternates are also not necessary for the Raiders. And what you illustrated was NEVER worn by the Raiders. Their 1960-62 uniforms were black and white trimmed in gold and closely resembled both the Bears' uniforms and the Steelers' 1960 uniforms. Once Al Davis took over in 1963 he changed the colors to silver-and-black. Gold was never to be seen on the Raiders' uniforms again.

RAVENS--The sleeves are a bit too gaudy, too harlequin-like. Also, I do not like the monochrome uniforms (black-on-black, purple-on-purple) for the Ravens or for any NFL team. That just looks too much like high school and college football. Also, if you are going to radically change the Ravens' uniforms, you might want to also change the team's numerical and lettering fonts.

Pats have the worst look, to me, at the moment, but I'm digging these. I agree on silver pants for the alternate.

Not sure how I feel about th Raiders. Those stripes look gaudy, but I'm sure I could get used to it.

The problem with the Ravens is that their colors kind of don't match well (and their logo looks funny when flipped), so what they have is about as good as it gets. Your version is the best mock I've seen, just get rid of those yellow cuffs.

Here are some updates on the Ravens and Raiders. Switched the Ravens sleeve cuffs to purple, makes it less gaudy and blends well. For the Raiders I took off the word mark from the chest which cleans it up more than expected and took the gold alt out and just added black pants. I'm trying to make alts for every team whether they need it or not so some might not make any sense but they're just fun to play around with. Also all the pants/jersey combos are ment to be interchangeable so some combos are just to show what's available.

b9Lk9jC.jpgrwgRbTd.jpgzhr0F89.jpgsNocMXE.jpgkmwBYb1.jpgZhqxq1F.jpg

Rose%2BBowl_sig.png

I just realized that I skipped the Rams with the Ravens so they're just gonna be in this post with the Saints and Seahawks. And don't worry, I didn't skip the Redskins, they just went through a name change ;) .

Rams:

Big changes for the Rams... well basically just fauxbacks to when they looked good. Only changes to the old uniforms is just horns on the sleeve caps and TV numbers on the shoulders with the removal of white from the pants stripes. Plus just a recolor gold alt.

VXpNasS.jpg2nHSUhH.jpg3T0QGSy.jpg

Saints:

Big changes here as well for the Saints. Changes include no black pants, french quarter inspired shoulder design, fixed gold pants, and new number font to match identity. I also added a terribly ugly Mardi Gras alt so don't mind that haha.

3Eq9mLG.jpgx86nzT5.jpgjYSkdiW.jpg

Seahawks:

I think Nike did a great job when they redesigned the Seahawks so I only made small changes. Those changes include adding a wordmark to the other shoulder and feather design takes up the whole collar.

ehTBnWk.jpgq0kHhhA.jpgkMUJy8U.jpg

Rose%2BBowl_sig.png

Archived