davidp94

Practice jerseys with ads on chest will be worn by NHL teams during practice and pre-game warm-ups

**NO ADS ON GAME JERSEYS**

Team logos on practice jerseys are insignificant to me, its still a jersey without a logo, and wearing a game jersey isn't that important, although it would be nice

I think this would be a good compromise to keep ads off of game jerseys

jersey%20ads%20copy_zpswyfmtpsp.png

PS If you've never had or even heard of Wawa, I feel bad for you

logo%20copy_zpszsofp1gh.png signature%20copy_zpstrwmpyrx.png logo%20copy_zpszsofp1gh.png

@D_Parky

Wawa is a regional gas station, pretty sure most people who don't live in a state with a Wawa won't know of it.

Wawa is not primarily a gas station. It's like a 7/11 had a baby with Subway. Certain locations have what are called "Super Wawas" these are the stores with gas.

As someone who moved from California (no Wawa) to Florida (Yes wawa) I cant 100% say it was way over hyped it's just cheap food. I'd take In-N-Out over Wawa anyday

Sheetz isn't too bad, but I think In-N-Out is overhyped. then again we have Whattaburger and it's delicious!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Okay, F*** the jerseys I made and the issue of advertisements on uniforms, this Wawa discussion is more important right now. lol. You can't compare In-N-Out and Wawa, I'm not saying In-N-Out is bad I'm just saying the businesses are too different. Wawa is like a 7-11 on steroids and their hoagies are amazing. As for Sheetz, I go to school in Western PA but I'm from Eastern PA so I go to Sheetz a lot when I'm at school and I came to the conclusion that Sheetz is drunk food and Wawa is sober food, but that's just my opinion.

I hope this was a good contribution to what has now become a thread on food and if anyone has any comments on the jerseys feel free to throw them out there, but I'll be honest I'm more interested in the food aspect of this thread now.

logo%20copy_zpszsofp1gh.png signature%20copy_zpstrwmpyrx.png logo%20copy_zpszsofp1gh.png

@D_Parky

Okay, F*** the jerseys I made and the issue of advertisements on uniforms, this Wawa discussion is more important right now. lol. You can't compare In-N-Out and Wawa, I'm not saying In-N-Out is bad I'm just saying the businesses are too different. Wawa is like a 7-11 on steroids and their hoagies are amazing. As for Sheetz, I go to school in Western PA but I'm from Eastern PA so I go to Sheetz a lot when I'm at school and I came to the conclusion that Sheetz is drunk food and Wawa is sober food, but that's just my opinion.

I hope this was a good contribution to what has now become a thread on food and if anyone has any comments on the jerseys feel free to throw them out there, but I'll be honest I'm more interested in the food aspect of this thread now.

Wawa is good drunk or sober, however I am in complete agreement that In-N-Out could never be compared with Wawa. Nothing like a good Wawa hoagie (or Gobbler)

Ok back on Topic please the only complaint I have is there is no team logo on the front of the jersey. Other than that they look great

That is kind of the point, the team logo isn't necessary on a practice jersey, its just a jersey, I'm sure the players in the NHL wouldn't care or even notice if the team logo disappeared from their practice jersey. Also wouldn't you rather let some company use that space on a practice/warm-up jersey for advertisements instead of letting a company use any space on a game jersey for advertisements. This is just an effort to keep game jerseys ad free for as long as possible.

@D_Parky

Ok back on Topic please the only complaint I have is there is no team logo on the front of the jersey. Other than that they look great

That is kind of the point, the team logo isn't necessary on a practice jersey, its just a jersey, I'm sure the players in the NHL wouldn't care or even notice if the team logo disappeared from their practice jersey. Also wouldn't you rather let some company use that space on a practice/warm-up jersey for advertisements instead of letting a company use any space on a game jersey for advertisements. This is just an effort to keep game jerseys ad free for as long as possible.
Ok thank you for clarifying.

Now people can we stop talking about food and get to the dude's real intention. Aka the concepts

Umm, not sure you get the idea behind the ads on jerseys....

The advertiser wants people to have exposure to their product. That is mainly done through TV viewership, and a little bit through in arena attendance.

None of that exposure is from practice jerseys. Why would they pay money for an ad placement that only a few thousand people would see...

The advertiser wants people to have exposure to their product. That is mainly done through TV viewership, and a little bit through in arena attendance.

None of that exposure is from practice jerseys. Why would they pay money for an ad placement that only a few thousand people would see...

First of all, when you turn on a hockey game one of the first things they will show is clips from warm ups to talk about and hype up the game, along with game highlights. Then there is the pre-game interviews during warm-ups, advertisers would love front and center exposure like that (the only issue is that a lot of people will change the channel when they see Pierre interview someone, but thats just Pierre). Also during the pre-game show they show live clips of warm ups for a good chunk of the show.

Secondly, I got the idea from Liverpool who have a separate sponsor for their training/warm-up gear. This sponsorship probably doesn't pay as much money as the game shirt but its still something. Also when I watch Liverpool games on TV I'll usually see 1 or 2 fans wearing the training shirt, I'm not sure why especially since the training shirt is black and Liverpool is famous for its red kits. So there is another opportunity through sales of these jerseys. I'm sure there are a bunch of beer league teams in the Philadelphia area that would buy this as their game jerseys just because of Wawa's logo on the front.

My hope is that the NHL would tell advertisers that game jerseys are strictly off limits so that this would be their next best option.

I hope that all makes sense

@D_Parky

First of all, when you turn on a hockey game one of the first things they will show is clips from warm ups to talk about and hype up the game, along with game highlights. Then there is the pre-game interviews during warm-ups, advertisers would love front and center exposure like that (the only issue is that a lot of people will change the channel when they see Pierre interview someone, but thats just Pierre). Also during the pre-game show they show live clips of warm ups for a good chunk of the show.

Secondly, I got the idea from Liverpool who have a separate sponsor for their training/warm-up gear. This sponsorship probably doesn't pay as much money as the game shirt but its still something. Also when I watch Liverpool games on TV I'll usually see 1 or 2 fans wearing the training shirt, I'm not sure why especially since the training shirt is black and Liverpool is famous for its red kits. So there is another opportunity through sales of these jerseys. I'm sure there are a bunch of beer league teams in the Philadelphia area that would buy this as their game jerseys just because of Wawa's logo on the front.

My hope is that the NHL would tell advertisers that game jerseys are strictly off limits so that this would be their next best option.

I hope that all makes sense

I highly doubt an advertiser would pay the same amount as a game jersey ad for a practice sweater ad. The exposure just isn't there. Not that many people tune into the pregame warmup and theres no highlights of the pregame warmups replaying on sports center....

Could they advertise on there, sure. Why not.

Is that a valid compromise for the exposure wanted by advertisers/dollars wanted by the NHL? NO

I will 100% agree with you on this as someone in a similar situation.

But at present, NHL teams don't warm up in practice jerseys. Morning skates and off-day practices are the only times they wear practice jerseys. That said, I could tolerate ad-riddled practice jerseys in the warm-ups as long as they don't touch the game uniforms.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Archived