Fix-It Friday thread

Ark

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like this thread in this forum. It's about the critique of the current and what should be done to it. I know that it ends with a concept, but I think it's a good way to generally discuss a team; in this case the Bills.

I like the Bills uniforms. And I am just fine with the screened-on stripes. That's how it used to be. If gray facemasks look "old school" than so can the stripes.

I like the navy trim as well. I understand that most probably don't and that removing would make them "look more like the Bills".

Regarding the widening helmet stripe, I have come around. I did not like it at first, but since is a somewhat subtle nod to the logo, it works (I still hate tapered stripes).

I am getting a Viking vibe off the concept stripes. And ultimately I think this first edition is trying to fix something that's not in need of fixing; but like Paul Lukas, I only have my likes/dislikes/opinion.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I love the old throwbacks too - but the sleeve striping is a little much for modern uniforms.

And I actually prefer the white helmets with the standing buffalo, but then again, O.J. was one of my favorite players when I was a kid.

I still think that even though it's historically correct, I'd much rather have the Bills in a red helmet than white. The entire AFC East is now just white helmets and a grey one in a league that has four white helmets outside the division compared to three all in one. It's offset a little bit with the Dolphins' aqua and Jets' green for jerseys, but helmet-wise it's one ridiculously bland division for helmets. The Bills went from standing out in a crowd with the red to blending in way too much.

Of course, all that being said, it sure beats the hell out of what they had before

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

I love the current uniforms as long as they don't go blue over blue, and I largely agree with the article's commentary with one notable exception. Teams without grey in their color schemes should not have grey facemasks just to look "old school". The Bills would look better with a white or blue facemask. i know this is an argument without an end on this website, which is why it is ridiculous for the author to say that grey is always a good idea.

I agree that removing the navy would help, but if I could make only 1 change it would be for the Bills to create a 2nd logo to use on the hips and maybe on the back of the shoulders. If you see my signature you see I came up with one myself, but a front shot of a Buffalo head (like the Arena league's Buffalo Destroyers) or some other logo that does not have a clear left-to-right movement to it, like a rondel, or a "B" based logo for example, would be better than using and reusing the charging buffalo. It is just too many buffaloes.

I actually prefer the Bills in white helmets for multiple reasons.

When they wore red helmets, I thought it made their uniforms a little unbalanced (red helmet, blue jersey, white pants) and I speak on the behalf of everyone who dislikes the three color combo in football uniforms (which is also why I don't like the Broncos or Ravens wearing white pants along with their current sets).

Not to mention that the Bills logo looks better on a white background than it does on a red background. I didn't like how the red streak on the logo collided against the red helmet, even with the white outline. To me, the logo looks more insync on the white helmet (which is also why I would prefer the Texans wear a white helmet instead of a navy helmet).

mee7ehyv55ib2imcvv01fliwf.gif1iebw9mtltmtihce4qs0svel7.gif

I also don't care how many teams in a division wear the same helmet color; if they look good wearing them then they should absolutely continue wearing them.

Downgrade on the Bucs, all they really need to do is simplify the numbers, put the ship on both sleeves, and better match the pewter on the jersey to the helmet. As for the Bills, their current set is darn near perfection IMO.

Downgrade on the Bucs, all they really need to do is simplify the numbers, put the ship on both sleeves, and better match the pewter on the jersey to the helmet. As for the Bills, their current set is darn near perfection IMO.

Take navy off and you've got the best look in the league.

Archived