Sign in to follow this  
BringBackTheVet

CCSLC: The HBO Series

Dunno who would play me. I was kindly informed by someone via a certain podcast event-that-shall-not-be-named that I sound regal. But I hear my own voice on camera and I can only describe it as being like a robot with an onion shoved up its nose.

I don't look a thing like him, but maybe a cameo from Rowan Atkinson.

I was thinking you could be played by the Megazord, and at the end of each episode you have an epic showdown with an oversized helmet logo.

It's unfortunate that we already have a mascot playing Tank, or I'd suggest, well, myself. I could see some comedy in having a mascot randomly appearing in episodes, and the characters playing it straight and treating the mascot as a normal "person" that's completely supposed to be there - not unlike the "This is Sportscenter" ads.

Since the original is all the way back on page 1, here is an updated cast list.

Coming Soon to HBO

Needs Stripes: The CCSLC Story

Starring:

• Wayne Knight as NJTank
  • Kelsey Grammar as Gothamite
  • Edward Norton as Ice_Cap
  • Stellan Skarsgard as The Admiral
  • Kevin Spacey as Slapshot
  • Emile Hirsch as Rams80
  • Jesse Eisenberg as BringBackTheVet
  • Fred Savage as Gary
  • Michael Madsen as infrared41
  • Robert Kelly as Lee
  • Jason Segel as LMU
  • William Hurt as D_G Now
  • Charlie Hunnam as CS85
  • Bryan Cranston as CC97
  • Aaron Paul as Yzerfan
  • Vincent D'Onofrio as Mockba
  • Jake McDormand as McCarthy
  • Jimmy Smits as Atomic
  • Michael Bowen as Mac the Knife
  • Josh Hutcherson as Crashcarson15
  • John Ratzenburger as dfwabel
  • Steve Buscemi as HedleyLamarr
  • Rory McCann as JQK
  • John Lithgow as OldschoolVikings
  • Will Ferrell as Burgundy (we had to, right?)
  • Peter Scolari as Jimmy

Special Guests:

• Hologram Tupac as Buc
  • Tor Johnson as "flashback Lee"
  • Lewis Black as DennisBergan
  • Seann William Scott as McCall
  • Monica Bisordi as Monica Bisordi
  • Jim Parsons as thespleenenator
  • Christopher Guest doing Lyndsey Graham as Nuordr
  • Christopher Walken as "The Goo"
  • Chris Hemsworth as Fraser Davidson
  • Gilbert Gottfried as Milo Meningocele
  • Jack McBrayer as nuordr
  • Keenan Thompson as Chawls
  • John Billingsley - just because

With:

• Mr. Met as 2004-2009 NJTank
  • Pat Burrell as 2004-2009 BringBackTheVet
  • Dan Schneider as "Jimmy's version of Gary"
  • Jay Baruchel as Nyk33
  • Michael Cera as FGM13
  • Weird AL Yankovic as JimmyN64
  • Some American Idol reject as Rockstar Matt

And making his acting debut:

Jeff Gordon as RyanMcD29

I'm cool with Jay Baruchel.

Dunno who would play me. I was kindly informed by someone via a certain podcast event-that-shall-not-be-named that I sound regal. But I hear my own voice on camera and I can only describe it as being like a robot with an onion shoved up its nose.

Stephen Hawking.

It's unfortunate that we already have a mascot playing Tank, or I'd suggest, well, myself. I could see some comedy in having a mascot randomly appearing in episodes, and the characters playing it straight and treating the mascot as a normal "person" that's completely supposed to be there - not unlike the "This is Sportscenter" ads.

I like it. Your people should call BBTV's people and set it up.

But again - we're not interacting personally with each other. I'm picturing each episode flashing between scenes filmed at each members place of posting. Maybe even split screens, in the case of a feud.

Now what would be great is if two posters DID interact in real life (like at work, or socially, or whatever) but had no idea that they were also interacting through the message board. And, they appear differently to each other during the message board scenes.

I was thinking you could be played by the Megazord, and at the end of each episode you have an epic showdown with an oversized helmet logo.

I like the sound of that :D

I think I've got a few:

David Tennant - Hockey Week

A live octopus voiced by Frank Welker - The Giant Pacific Octopus

Jonah Hill - BucFan56

Milton Bradley (imprisoned MLB player) - LouieDogsTheGenocideGenera

Roger Rees.

But again - we're not interacting personally with each other. I'm picturing each episode flashing between scenes filmed at each members place of posting. Maybe even split screens, in the case of a feud.

Now what would be great is if two posters DID interact in real life (like at work, or socially, or whatever) but had no idea that they were also interacting through the message board. And, they appear differently to each other during the message board scenes.

Honestly, I'm kinda surprised no one has done a show like that. With all the message boards out there, you'd think some writer or producer would have come up with that idea.

My idea of board members interacting in real life is more like they meet at a sporting event without knowing it. For example: when McCarthy was living in Ohio, he and I could have run into each other at a Blue Jackets game and never known it. Either way, it's a great idea.

I think I've got a few:

David Tennant - Hockey Week

A live octopus voiced by Frank Welker - The Giant Pacific Octopus

Jonah Hill - BucFan56

Milton Bradley (imprisoned MLB player) - LouieDogsTheGenocideGenera

This is not a "true story;" it's only "based on" a true story. So "Louie" needs a post-banning update involving a raid on his home/computer for posting photos of naked women on the toilet without their permission. Also, Louie himself was actually white, I think.

And since everyone wants in...

...me too.

How about Josh Radnor ("Ted" from HIMYM). He can portray my quiet, unassuming, non-confrontational board persona. Plus he looks like an average guy that you forget 5-minutes after meeting him. Trust me; he's the right choice. Plus, I suspect he needs the work.

Since this had devolved into name a famous person who looks like you, Stephen Curry is almost a dead ringer. I mean he doesn't act, but there aren't that many we'll know light-skinned actors out there in the world.

Honestly, I'm kinda surprised no one has done a show like that. With all the message boards out there, you'd think some writer or producer would have come up with that idea.

My idea of board members interacting in real life is more like they meet at a sporting event without knowing it. For example: when McCarthy was living in Ohio, he and I could have run into each other at a Blue Jackets game and never known it. Either way, it's a great idea.

They kinda did that with "You've Got Mail."

I envision a very low-budget comedy film called "The Message Board." Six or so posters on some sort of message board (like, a "Lost" message board or something) would all run into each other in bizarre ways; some are co-workers. Some get into fights with each other. By the end, all of 'em turn out to be connected.

Since this had devolved into name a famous person who looks like you, Stephen Curry is almost a dead ringer. I mean he doesn't act, but there aren't that many we'll know light-skinned actors out there in the world.

Because I'm a dead ringer for Michael Masden? Do people mistake Chris Creamer for Bryan Cranston all the time? It hasn't "devolved" into anything of the sort. I've seen pictures of quite a few of our "cast." Rare is the case where they actually look like the person "playing" them. Stop being a buzzkill.

How about Josh Radnor ("Ted" from HIMYM). He can portray my quiet, unassuming, non-confrontational board persona. Plus he looks like an average guy that you forget 5-minutes after meeting him. Trust me; he's the right choice. Plus, I suspect he needs the work.

Done.

How about "The Rev" from Remember the Titans?

Because I'm a dead ringer for Michael Masden? Do people mistake Chris Creamer for Bryan Cranston all the time? It hasn't "devolved" into anything of the sort. I've seen pictures of quite a few of our "cast." Rare is the case where they actually look like the person "playing" them. Stop being a buzzkill.

Whoa, whoa, I didn't want it too seem condescending in any way. If it did, I'm sorry. I honestly don't know what yall look like, so this is the only reference point I have, so people just rattling off actors seemed like what I said in the first post.

LouieDog has to be a reprisal of Jamie Kennedy's Malibu's Most Wanted character.