2020 FUSA Games (Balkanization of the United States)

JCRGraphix

The year is 2020 and after a five years of fighting, the Former United States of America are finally at peace. The former superpower divided into 28 different nations who are now coming together to celebrate the new peace with a month of games like the Olympics, but uniquely American. There will be four traditional North American sports played: Basketball, Baseball, American Football, and Ice Hockey. I will be presenting each county's team uniforms as well as giving a little information on each nation as we go along, so without further ado, the 2020 FUSA Games...

logo.png

Also, before anybody asks, I will not be releasing these templates for a while as I'm currently using them for some professional work in addition to this. They will be released when the time is right. Also, this is not an attempt to stir any pots or get anybody riled up about politics. Please try to appreciate this as art and refrain from putting any political garbage on here. Thank you.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up first is New England. After much debate, the region decided to loosely model themselves after the UK. In 2017 they elected their first monarch who serves as head of the state in both a ceremonial and administrative role serving as president of parliament. In 2018, New England peacefully absorbed Long Island to become the United Kingdom of New England and Long Island. Their flag is based on the real New England flag which is itself based on the English flag. An English cross makes up the canton and a golden crown is emblazoned on the fly.

nation.png

baseball.png

basketball.png

football.png

hockey.png

Surprised to see crown instead of tree imagery for NE. Especially given the revolutionary history of the region it seems a little weird that they would model themselves so closely after the UK. Not trying to get political just pointing it out for the sake of having the regional history tie more closely into the design.

Very interesting concept though. My favorite uni is the white hockey jersey.

Up next is a bit of an inside joke since I currently live in New York.

New York was one of the first states to secede from the US in 2015, and quickly became a communist state. I drew inspiration for their branding from the USSR, USA, and North Korea...

nation.png

baseball.png

basketball.png

football.png

hockey.png

Up next is New America. When the US dissolved, a group of states decided to unite and model themselves after the former United States going so far as to adopt the name the United States of America. New America has six states: Delaware, Delmarva, Kentucky, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia. These six states are reflected on the national flag with six stars and six stripes.

nation.png

baseball.png

basketball.png

football.png

hockey.png

Up next is North Jersey. New Jersey seceded from the United States but was brutally divided among ethnic and religious lines. The Free State of New Jersey split in 2018 into the primarily Italian Catholic North Jersey, and South Jersey. The North Jersey Republic took inspiration from Italy in their branding.

nation.png

baseball.png

basketball.png

football.png

hockey.png

This is a really interesting series, both in the designs and in the backstory behind it! I'l definitely be following along with this. So far I'm liking New York and North Jersey the best, but these are all pretty awesome so far!

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png

If North Jersey is supposed to be Italian, I almost feel like blue should be more prominent instead of the flag colors (which makes it look Mexican instead). Even changing the dark uniforms from black to blue would do wonders. Otherwise, great series so far. Your projects show a ton of creativity, and I'm excited to see what's coming next...

QPR%20Sig.png

Thanks everybody for all of the great feedback! Up next is South Jersey. As previously mentioned, most of North Jersey was Italian and Catholic and felt strong nationalist ties. Most everybody else moved south and formed the South Jersey Republic. The largest ethnic group in South Jersey were the Polish, so the new republic used some Polish inspiration in their branding. South Jersey decided to use elements of the New Jersey coat of arms but with the Polish flag as the shield. The coat of arms is set on a golden field like the flag of New Jersey.

nation.png

baseball.png

basketball.png

football.png

hockey.png

Archived