2015 Uniforms for the 12 teams in my Fantasy Football League

WideRight

2015 marks the 30th season for the Fantasy Football League that I am in. We started in 1986 on a dorm floor at Indiana U. and we still retain 6 owners from that time. We play a "scoring only" system (you only get points for TD's and other scores by your players, not yards or other stats) and teams can keep up to 10 players from their roster from year to year, so this is a league where drafting rookies and building for the long haul is prized. When we started the league we set up the rule that we would act as if this were a new USFL and require teams to use real cities and realistic names. I have done the designs for the league since the 80's, with 2 teams that have never relocated or changed names and the occasional new team or relocation over that time. As part of the 30th Season plans I reworked uniforms for all teams (and also because my computer crashed and I lost a lot of what I had), so I thought I would post them.

Here is the first one, the San Antonio Express. The Express first moved to San Antonio after the 1988 season, played there until 2013, relocated to New Jersey, but failed there and quickly decided to return back to San Antonio for the 2015 season. But, they wanted to keep their train-theme (not a horse theme from earlier) and their Navy-Sky-Silver color scheme from New Jersey.

The San Antonio Express

2015%20SAN%20uni_zpsuomw79i5.png

I modified this from 2-3 templates that I found here. I believe I got 1 template for the helmets (Revolution template) and then used a set of Nike templates to create the pants and jersey. Basically I traced the essential features of the Nike jersey template without all the (annoying) jersey featues like the stomach sweat box. I wanted a cleaner jersey format. If you just google nfl uniform templates you can quickly find the components that became my template.

And thanks for all the feedback. Now if I could just figure out why all my designs end up much lighter when I turn them into JPEGs than when I design them, it would make me much happier to post on here. I use CorelDraw 15 to design, and they look much darker there, but then I save as JPEG and the colors get lighter. Weird.

I modified this from 2-3 templates that I found here. I believe I got 1 template for the helmets (Revolution template) and then used a set of Nike templates to create the pants and jersey. Basically I traced the essential features of the Nike jersey template without all the (annoying) jersey featues like the stomach sweat box. I wanted a cleaner jersey format. If you just google nfl uniform templates you can quickly find the components that became my template.

And thanks for all the feedback. Now if I could just figure out why all my designs end up much lighter when I turn them into JPEGs than when I design them, it would make me much happier to post on here. I use CorelDraw 15 to design, and they look much darker there, but then I save as JPEG and the colors get lighter. Weird.

Consider saving as PNG — that may be part of your problem, and it will look a lot better.

Judging by your signature there's more good stuff in store (I remember seeing that concept here years ago!). I'm excited to see more.

Consider saving as PNG — that may be part of your problem, and it will look a lot better.

Judging by your signature there's more good stuff in store (I remember seeing that concept here years ago!). I'm excited to see more.

PNG is the way to go that might help the problem!

Three more CFFL teams for 2015

The Hartford Hawks: Using a feather pattern motif, similar to the Seahawks' helmet & numbers, on the yoke and pant stripe.

2015%20HAR%20uniform_zps9my4vphq.png

The Kansas Twisters: Now with updated Miami Dolphins aqua and orange.

2015%20KAN%20uniform_zpst27cpyw5.png

Albuquerque Generals: Still trying to find the perfect combination of army olive green and metallic gold/sand.

2015%20ALB%20uniform_zpsbfwtxbdl.png

3 More CFFL Franchises

The Memphis Rebels. We got rid of the Confederate Colonel logo and went with a more generic waving flag, Tennessee Flag. Reminds me a bit of Les Miserables, but at least it has been De-Confederacied (Sorry, but I am a Yankee, and I design these, so I am not going to support the battle flag with a design.)

2015%20MEM%20uniforms_zpsxc1hijxq.png

The Oakland Terrors: A team placed in Oakland back in 86, while the Raiders were in LA.

2015%20OAK%20uniform_zpsiv0veh5f.png

The Charlotte Knights: The 6 crowns on the shield represent 6 CFFL championships.

2015%20CHA%20uniform_zpsiq6tsbgi.png

And the final 2 franchises

The Orlando Panthers: Along with Oakland, one of only 2 teams to start in 1986 and never relocate or be renamed.

2015%20ORL%20uniforms_zpsa1yzyna6.png

The Salt Lake City Bards: Added a dark brown to the traditional Forest & Light Green combo. Robin Hood motif throughout.

2015%20SLC%20uniform_zpse06hj9sg.png

Guest darkpiranha

Great identities all the way around. I appreciate how few joke names you have in your league. Is that a rule, or do you just have owners that take this "seriously"?

I'd love to see you put a yearbook/history book together similar to the NCFA yearbook, the gold standard in league presentations.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/99775-2014-ncfa-yearbook-release/?hl=%2Bncfa+%2Byearbook

Great identities all the way around. I appreciate how few joke names you have in your league. Is that a rule, or do you just have owners that take this "seriously"?

I'd love to see you put a yearbook/history book together similar to the NCFA yearbook, the gold standard in league presentations.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/99775-2014-ncfa-yearbook-release/?hl=%2Bncfa+%2Byearbook

It's a rule that new owners must select viable cities and viable nicknames. We strive for realism as much as possible. It is one of the reasons we are a scoring-only league. We don't do PPR or points for yardage at all. It keeps the final scores in the same range as NFL games (teens-forties) and it is also why we allow teams to keep up to 10 players each year so that teams have to build through the draft and free agency each year. I think it is a very different experience than most leagues, though I will admit, draft day is probably not quite as exciting if the top 100 or so players are already off the board when the draft starts, but that is what makes scouting rookies so important.

We have had players like Thurman Thomas, Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, etc. who went from draft day to retirement on the same CFFL team. I had Brett Favre for about a decade, Thurman Thomas, Cris Carter, etc. for years. Thus the 6 championships.

Archived