• Albuquerque
  • Virginia
  • Anaheim
  • Mexico City

signature.png

Check out my Instagram page! 9.5k strong! @RileyGissemanArt

Kentucky Shouldn't-have-an-NBA-teamians

Why not?

Uh... why should they? I mean, Kentucky? Have they ever had a pro team ever? Why would they deserve one now? Just because UK Basketball is good? Should Alabama have an NFL team? What makes Kentucky more deserving of an NBA team than say somewhere random like... South Carolina?

Plus, Kentucky is on this list: http://www.businessinsider.com/the-10-poorest-states-in-america-2014-12

90758391980.gif

They would have had the Colonels if the owner, John Y Brown wasn't too cheap to pay the $1 million entrance fee to the NBA.

KC-World-Champions-1975.jpg

Actually, it wasn't a case of Brown being too cheap to get the Colonels into the NBA. It was that the NBA did not want Kentucky and St. Louis in after the merger and demanded that the others ABA owners make deals with Brown and the Silnas (Spirits owners) to fold their teams. Brown was just easier to buy off than the Silnas were.

Why not?

Uh... why should they? I mean, Kentucky? Have they ever had a pro team ever? Why would they deserve one now? Just because UK Basketball is good? Should Alabama have an NFL team? What makes Kentucky more deserving of an NBA team than say somewhere random like... South Carolina?

Plus, Kentucky is on this list: http://www.businessinsider.com/the-10-poorest-states-in-america-2014-12

How many pro teams did any state have, before they had one? As for the article, Kentucky's Golden Triangle is nothing like the stereotype so many adhere to. If we use that "poorest states" list as a criteria, the Saints, Pelicans, Falcons, Braves, Hawks, Redskins, Nationals, Capitols, Wizards, Suns, (Arizona) Cardinals, Diamondbacks, and Coyotes all need to move. State boundaries are arbitrary in this case.

That being said, making a case for Louisville over other cities is admittedly difficult. Furthermore, I think there are many with influence who simply don't want pro sports in Louisville, instead focusing on other (worthy) things. And that's fine, I guess.

My grandpa was from Paducah...not sure how he ended up in Wisconsin, and given he's been dead for over a decade, I can't exactly ask him, but I digress...anyway, I'd read somewhere that it wasn't entirely that the NBA didn't want the Colonels, one thing factoring in was that the Bulls badly wanted Artis Gilmore.

Playing the name game a bit...

• St. Louis Showmen
  • Kentucky Banjos
  • Las Vegas Blackjacks
  • Vancouver Cascades
  • Calgary Wranglers
  • Pittsburgh Pipers
  • Nashville Strummers
  • Cincinnati Knights
  • Albuquerque Conquest
  • Virginia Squires
  • Anaheim Mighty Dunks Kaisers
  • Mexico City Aztecas

Not exactly world shaking, but here ya go.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived