Fantasy Football Logo: DC Conspiracy

Wildcomet

Hey all, I thought I would share an update I recently did on my fantasy football team called the D.C. Conspiracy. I updated the logos along the helmet. The basic concepts are the same as the old logos and helmet, I just spruced them up a bit.

The primary takes inspiration from the Freemasons symbol and the All-Seeing Eye, and the Secondary again features the All-Seeing Eye in front of "DC". The wordmark utilizes the team's existing font, just utilized differently. What do you all think? C&C always welcomed!

DC%20Conspiracy%202015%20Concept%20Sheet

DC2015helmet_zpsuwrznblw.png

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png

Appreciate the feedback, much more helpful than the 'looks great!' I get from most people outside of this site. I turned down the brightness on my screen to check out the colors and when it's at low brightness I could see the colors being a bit of an issue to see so I might play with that some, but I really like the Blue/Green/Gold combo in general so I doubt I'll make any major color scheme changes.

The shapes are suppose to be a D and C on the ends of the wordmark. I designed them so that the initials DC using those letters would be an ambigram . If the consensus ends up being that they can't make those out to be letters at all I'll definitely look to change them up. Taking some time away from it and reading your comments Idefinitely agree the secondary is not my best work and makes it even harder to see the letters in the logo. I did an update on it which I think is looking better. Thoughts?

DC%202015%20Secondary%202_zpsjwnrklqb.pn

You've got a good base, but with a bit of work this can be a really good identity.

First off the colors you currently have are clashing quite a bit. They're all highly saturates and same relative brightness which kind of muddies the whole look. I think a color scheme more along the lines of this could make a big difference -- luGARRX.png

The other thing that I don't think is really working is the font choice. You're using freemason imagery, which is a very old and tradition-bound order, and you're using a modern gothic font. I think something like an old English font or classic Serif font could really pull the identity together. Think of US currency and the fonts that are on bills and coins.

TDZiMMB.png

Guest darkpiranha

I am in agreement with GoNords. The colors bleed together in a way that makes it visual mush. I know that green, purple and gold is a common-ish color combo (especially in Louisiana), but something about the specific hues used and the brightness values of each make them not mesh well. Take each color a few steps in a more vibrant direction and see how that works.

Also, the DC element isn't working. I see what you're trying to do, but I have to really really think about it and squint and use my imagination to conform those shapes into a D and a C. Outside of that, those shapes don't mean anything to me so they add an additional layer of visual noise. Are they some sort of Illuminati symbols or shapes? Are they on any currency? If you really want to use DC somewhere, how about using the outer eye shape edges? If you basically chop off the left and right sides of the eye, those form a C (left side) and D (right side) , kind of . <o> > <

In any event, I think the D and C symbol thingy is completely unnecessary. Your primary wordmark is solid (except for some color tweaking). I think the eye is strong enough on its own to be a secondary without the other stuff.

(JimmyN64 ninja'd me!)

I also agree with everything he says. His color choices are almost exactly what I was imagining.

Great name!

The colors need a little more constrst...blue and green don't constrast enough to be used in uniform together (sorry, Whalers and Seahawks fans). It;s for the same reasion that red and orange never work, or blue and purple. They're neighbors in the rainbow and color wheel. If you go extremes like lime green and navy blue or bright yellow and dark green, you get the constrast you need to make it work but when you use dark blue and dark green together, it all blends together.

Make the gold into a brighter yellow though and it will help tremendously.

Great design, just needs some color-tweaking.

87Redskins.png

Thank you all for the feedback! I'm definitely going to take another look at the colors and the wordmark. The colors were originally inspired by Freemason Blue/Gold and green for the US Dollar, but over the years the shades had changed some so I'd be willing to change them again. The point about the fonts was good, and I think I have a much better wordmark in the works now. I am likely going to disregard the DC end letters in the logos since most people seem to be disliking those.

Recoloring the primary and secondary logos could take some time but I'll share them when they're ready. The wordmark should be ready to share before long.

Here's a new version of the logo set. I updated the secondary and wordmark logos, and I changed the colors. Blue was only marginally changed, but I made bigger changes to the gold and green (lightening the shades and making them more vibrant) which I think help to set them apart from the blue better than they previously were. I turned the brightness of my screen to its lowest level and could still tell the blue and green apart pretty easily. Let me know what you all think!

DC%20Conspiracy%202015%20Concept%20Sheet

Archived