Bucketball Concepts (New fictional sport)- Perth B.C rebooted, Adelaide Unis

Spanna65

HCyqPHa.png

Hey guys,

I'm only a newbie to this site, and I've been inspired by some of the great concept series such as Raysox's Yakball and In_a_rush's URL, to create my own fictional sport. It's called Bucketball. Well, it's not entirely new I guess, my brother and I Invented a form of the sport wayback. But nevertheless, I'd like to showcase it to you americans.

A brief outline of some rules of this fine game- (Template is an adapted form of Darth Brook's basketball court psd. Cheers Darth)

KdmFkhU.png

Aim- The aim of the game is to score as many buckets as possible
- 4 x 10 minute quarters
- Middle bucket is worth 4, outer ones 2. A shot outside the pin that goes in is a bonus point.
- 5 players on court allowed atone time. These are ...
1 x Lynch ( Kind of a goaltender. Called this due to the pin shape in which he's allowed to roam in.
2 x Rogues (Defenders. Called this due to there rough, no frills type playing style.)
2 x Questors ( Attackers. Shoot at all the buckets.)
- Only 3 substitutions allowed per quarter
- Players must bounce the ball along the ground at least once when passing the ball.
- Ball must be passed at least three times before a shot is allowed to be taken.
- 2 minute powerplay If a player gives away an Orange or Yellow Card.
- A player can only take a maximum 3 paces without passing.
- Bucketball is a minimal contact sport. If a player with the ball is indefinitely being pushed around free passes are given.

At the moment this will only be an 8 team league, with possible expansion across the world later. Here's a bit of a league map for ya.
wzTylm3.png

The first team, from the sporting capital of the world, will be... Melbourne! Can't wait to share this with you guys.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crappers guess I gotta brush up on my Aussie accent and stuff. I like seeing new sports fictional league thingys, 1 question bout this what is the object you never clearly spoke it on that post.

This should be interesting being that Australia is a big country with not many people so the teams should be very competitive

Will they're ever be a PBA-American style or PBA-World

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

This looks/sounds like a very interesting sport, and it'll be cool to see a league focused on Australia! I'll definitely be following along with this.

On a side note, thank you for the compliments of my series. It means a lot that it could help to inspire others!

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png

Crappers guess I gotta brush up on my Aussie accent and stuff. I like seeing new sports fictional league thingys, 1 question bout this what is the object you never clearly spoke it on that post.

This should be interesting being that Australia is a big country with not many people so the teams should be very competitive

Will they're ever be a PBA-American style or PBA-World

Pretty much the aim of the game is to score as many buckets as possible. And yes, I think a PBA Europe/ USA thing will probably be on the cards.

This looks/sounds like a very interesting sport, and it'll be cool to see a league focused on Australia! I'll definitely be following along with this.

On a side note, thank you for the compliments of my series. It means a lot that it could help to inspire others!

No worries bud, love your reflex league.

Ok here, we have Melbourne, one of two teams with alliterative (Is that a word) names. And, just in case you guys haven't noticed PBA stands for Professional Bucketball Association. Feedback appreciated.

r8Gtfxk.png

Home

e4FEzUT.png

Away

P65pJtP.png

Court

wZx1l1K.png

Bucketball fun fact- a trajectory foul is a awarded to an opposing team if a player attempts to pass the ball to another player without it bouncing at least once.

I was initially distracted by the shortness of the shorts...

After that, I really like the Monarchs. The jerseys are nice, but I feel that the numbers on the shorts should match those on the shirt. I like the skyline on the court as well, but the hashtag would do better without the midcourt line bisecting it.

I was initially distracted by the shortness of the shorts...

After that, I really like the Monarchs. The jerseys are nice, but I feel that the numbers on the shorts should match those on the shirt. I like the skyline on the court as well, but the hashtag would do better without the midcourt line bisecting it.

The shortness of the shorts would probably be because my template is just an adaptation of my Aussie Rules one. And yeah, I probably should fix the hashtag.

Bump- Updated Melbourne Uniforms are up.

Next team is to be Adelaide, and I need some name suggestions. Can anyone think of a creative nickname for a shark, something like the thrashers or something?

My only suggestion is to recolor the PBA logo on the court. It's kinda distracting like that. Great unis

Thanks. Yeah I kind of agree, I'll fix it up tonight.

Also, some of the suggestions are brilliant. My favorites would have to be Clipsals or Makos. I'll see if I can get some sort of concept sketch up later tonight.

Does adelaide have some shark significance that i dont know about because this isnt the first time ive seen someone use it, where you could use a name more relevant to the city like colonels woch would be more fitting.

The melbourne sheild seems really nottom heavy, i would bring the crown into the shield or move the elements up and make the statuon bigger

Does adelaide have some shark significance that i dont know about because this isnt the first time ive seen someone use it, where you could use a name more relevant to the city like colonels woch would be more fitting.

I think it has something to do with the great australian bight, and the fact It's home to lots of Great White Sharks.

Of course there's also the legend that a giant shark took a big bite out of the bottom of australia, thus making the bight.

Bump

Ok, so I'm going to go with the name Clipsals. I'm currently sketching some logo ideas, you should see them by tomorrow. Until then any last minute feedbacks for the monarchs. ( Apart from the court, which will be fixed soon.)

Archived