New Soccer Stadium (new stadium added)

chipper12

Glentoran FC are a soccer team who play in Northern Ireland and are one of Belfast's big four (Linfeild, Crusaders and Cliftonville being the others). The Club has a massive fan base in the east of the city and play their home games in the dilapidated, dangerous and downright nasty Oval stadium ( Yes its called the oval how very original). Its a concrete bowl with two large barn like stands at both sides of the pitch. In its golden era this was an impressive cauldron of noise however its has started to crumble due to a lack of funding and renovation or making a new ground has been mentioned but no funding has ever materialised. In this scenario Northern Ireland are chosen to host the 2019 u20 world cup and along with the newly renovated windsor park and ravenhill stadium. Glentoran are given funding to either renovated or built a new stadium. The club chooses to build a new stadium at a site just beside the motorway and belfast city airport.

2ujial4.png

The stadium is roughly 9,00 seater with vip and press boxes and wheelchair acess. Also on sight are 4 3g playing pitches and changing rooms for those pitches. This will help generate income for the club as they will be able to rent these pitches out to local clubs.

e5fh2d.png

The stadium is a single tear around the pitch with a small second tear for the vip boxes. The cantalever supports are painted red and that coupled with the green square design around the facade of the stadium create the team colours. Skylights in the roof create a bright atomosphere and the triagle floodlights add to the character of the ground. Club shop and bars are found in the corners of the stadium and onsite parking helps to reduce traffic.

nn74w8.png

2rgf1up.png

29ab01.png

Thoughts and comments would be great.

(If anyone would like to design a logo for the stadium fire away.)

Spoiler

icsd9c.png

NI BANNER 2.png

It really is amazing that The Oval still exists as it is in the 21st century.

I like your new concept. It seems typical of a modern stadium with a few nice design features and incorporation of team colours. The location is well thought out and utilised as well as being not too far from the current ground. There doesn't seem to be too much parking on site but I guess the airport nearby could be used as overflow.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

This is really nice! I looked up the oval and geez! This team really does need a new stadium! 250px-Ovalariel.gif

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Crusaders are another member of Belfast big four. They currently play at sea view and having been talking about moving or renovating for years but no move has happened yet though small improvements have been made to sea view. In my scenario crusaders decide to celebrate their Irish league success with a new stadium built just up the road from the current stadium. The stadium itself hold roughly 6000 people and has two large all seater stands along the side of the pitch. two office bocks are found attached to either end of the stand to generate income by renting them out. their is room for expansion should the club need it in the future. The stands themselves are two tiers and have seats styled like the teams home shirt. the truss and cladding also reflect the team colours. floodlights are integrated into the roof.

iw5c1y.png

1zybsj5.png

6nwgb9.png

fkxhme.png

Spoiler

icsd9c.png

NI BANNER 2.png

I'd close off one end of the stadium. Maybe place an office/locker room/players lounge there. I'd also add some signage onto the interior of the stadium to show potential sponsors how their logos would look inside thr stadium.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

i will work on scoreboard and no i belive not the back of the stand in facing the coast and ballymena have open ends at their stadium so should be ok. as regard for filling the ends i dont think ill do that as its uncommon in ni.

Spoiler

icsd9c.png

NI BANNER 2.png

should build a walking lanes on the open ends plus walls to prevent unpaid fans coming through is what I would suggest (of course needed exit gates for emergency), but i am curious what program you used to design the stadiums? it is awesome by the way

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

Archived