Logo Help Needed

philhiney

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask for advice, but i am struggling with one of my logo designs. The team want the logo looking more wolf like and less puppy like but I'm really not sure how to go about this? should i make the eyes smaller? make the neck thinner? snout longer? Ive cropped the image as the team are happy with the rest of it. Any help would be much appreciated!!

Thanks

Phil

2ef2tch.jpg

Guest darkpiranha

I think it's the shortness of the snout that leads to it looking slightly puppy-ish. Maybe just beef up all parts of the face a bit as well as adding the suggestions from above.

I agree that the face could use a little more beefing up to make it look more like a wolf, but you accomplished your goal already. Great work, this is a sharp logo.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

While I can understand wanting to make changes to it in order to transform from puppy-like to wolf, my first thought was ... it doesn't look like a puppy, it looks like a coyote!

Lo and behold, I scroll down and the team is the "coyotes".

I think you hit the mark perfectly in your original logo!

HowlingCoyote.jpg

Why does the owner want a wolf for a team named the coyotes?

I suppose, in the end, it's his team, but I just can't get over it. Coyotes are thinner and sleeker than wolves, in general.

At any rate, I'm not a fan of the upper fangs. They're very big and jut outwards too far. They shouldn't be at the very front, they're on the sides of the mouth and located behind the first two 'rows' of teeth.

original.jpg

Again, I really don't think anything needs to be done, this is the best coyote logo I've ever seen. But, if you must change it, adding in more fangs is okay ... but perhaps do it more realistically.

Please delete my account.

That first picture of the coyote is the exact image that I used as my reference image, so I'm glad you think it looks like that. I suppose theres always a fine line between a design that the team is happy with and a design that I am happy with. At the end of the day what the team wants is what the team gets, even if they want a wolf when they asked for a coyote.

Thankyou Ninjorz for your help with the teeth, i will set the front teeth back and see what that looks like.

Archived