New Verizon Logo

PhilliesPhan1325

Hadn't seen this posted anywhere, but Verizon has also rolled out a new logo. Gone are the big check and red Z.

The new is on the right:

download.0.jpeg

It didn't take long for it to be criticized. T-Mobile's CEO @JohnLegere fired off a pretty strong tweet.

CN7-r8jU8AAsx1t.jpg

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Well the check looks more like a V, which is probably what they were going for, but I'm not sure how well it will work in stand-alone applications.

It does provide them with some flexibility that wasn't there before, since they couldn't really use the old V in any other application.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Well the check looks more like a V, which is probably what they were going for, but I'm not sure how well it will work in stand-alone applications.

It does provide them with some flexibility that wasn't there before, since they couldn't really use the old V in any other application.

You're on the the answer that was right in front of their face and the missed it. Should have made the V a check mark. Its a simple solution that retains a bit of the old mnemonic device of the red Z

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I'm very surprised they didn't turn the leading "v" into a checkmark, while keeping the implied underline of the "z." We were talking about this on another message board and I made this in about 20 seconds on Paint.net:

2CQAbUq.png

I'm very surprised they didn't turn the leading "v" into a checkmark, while keeping the implied underline of the "z." We were talking about this on another message board and I made this in about 20 seconds on Paint.net:

2CQAbUq.png

This would work better without the top line. As is, it looks like you are trying to determine the square root of erizon.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

2CQAbUq.png

This would work better without the top line. As is, it looks like you are trying to determine the square root of erizon.

Sort of like how this one is attempting to determine the square root of the answer:

vans-logo.jpg

And, of course, the square root of 1:

virginia_tech_logo.gif

Re: Verizon... meh. I'll hold off until I see how they might use the check/V in advertising.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Yesterday thinking about the google change I was thinking about what companies actually really needed to change their logo, and verizon was one of them.

But yeesh, this is horrible looking,just really really bad, when the old one, which was bad with its fade out gradient (which never transferred to signs), is better still, you have a problem.

Man the other company I was thinking of was Burger King lol

Archived