Yukon Explorers NHL Expansion Concept

TrueNorth13

This is my second NHL concept in the last 2 days. This time I went to a place that is very unlikely to get an NHL team. I recently took a trip to the Yukon this summer and I decided to create a team based out of Whitehorse, but representing all of the Yukon. Therefore, I created the Yukon Explorers. The name comes from all the hiking trails and nature within the Yukon, as well as its connection to the gold rush, with explorers coming out to search for gold. The primary is pretty simple with mountains representing the mountains, of course. The pickaxes represent the gold rush, and the star represents its location in Canada's north. If you look closely in the mountains, the middle snow patch is actually the shape of the Yukon. Pretty clever eh? The alternate is simple the Yukon outline with a pickaxe, and a star giving the location of Whitehorse, Yukon's capital. The colour scheme doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the Yukon, but I thought it looked really good. C&C is appreciated. Without further ado:

N9fprM9.png

g8lCC7u.png

tTFSaB4.png

NATIVE YUKONER - FING LOVE IT - digging the subtle yukon silouette on the middle mountain. Absolute Yukon gold. Or maybe I'm just happy someone has heard of us.

The one thing I would say is try it with dark blue and gold - those are pretty classic midnight sun colours. Would be more fitting of the province. And maybe make the orange a bit more gold looking - seriously though these are beautiful

I have no idea what the population is up there, but I can't imagine it's much and I've certainly never heard of them pushing for an NHL team.

BUT, if they got one, that would be a great set. The jerseys especially. Sneaking the Yukon outline into the logo is downright inspired. Brilliant touch that I didn't notice until wquarton said it, which means it was well done.

Logo is kinda busy with the pick axes, but the whole look is a bit busy, so it works.

Idk if there are pro teams up there, but if there are, you should send this concept their way.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

This is absolutely phenomenal! I love everything about this set. I can't see Whitehorse getting a team, but this is a great identity. Nice work.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

I decided to create a blue and gold version, thanks to wquarton's suggestion. The reason I didn't go with blue and gold is because a lot of teams already have blue and some variation of yellow. Like the Blues for example. I wanted to have a unique colour scheme that no one in the NHL has. I also created a northern lights inspired logo. If it became a ECHL concept, it would make a lot of sense, I think.

U8qENZf.png

Jm0PXQb.png

Definitely prefer the blue ones, I think i would make it a tad more purple-y, but thats probably being nitpicky. As far as the northern lights inspired logo, cool idea, but I think it comes across more rainbowy than northern lights. 99% of the time the northern lights are a sort of neon green colour, and thats how they are traditionally depicted by most - northern-lights-over-water.jpg you do occasionally see other colours, but as a yukoner, out of the 300 or so times I saw them probably 298 were this colour.

Still think its sick overall though

Archived