NHL 15-16: wife-beaters, adulterers, cokeheads, rapists, pill-poppers, AND METHODISTS

The_Admiral

What a win for the boys today. Previous Caps teams would've given up after the third Rangers goal. Not these guys.

Also, I'm going to the Caps game tomorrow. Alex Ovechkin scored goals number 498 and 499 today. Things are falling into place.

spacer.png

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never thought I'd quite get to the point that I'm hoping the Sharks miss the playoffs again, but this team just isn't going anywhere with lack of production for the bottom six and somehow laying huge dumps on their own ice. I don't think they played bad versus Detroit last night, because Mrazek had some stone cold stops later in the game, but for every flicker of hope, like a tough match here or a comeback win versus LA, we see nothing but lackluster effort versus the Winnipegs and Colorados of the league. If I was Pavs or Couture, I'd start to consider the possibility of asking for a trade for prospects so they can actually get a decent shot at winning a title.

Thou shalt become numb. Comfortably numb. Come drink with me...

everclear-grain-alcohol.gif

They did just win a home game, but the problems are still there. The team needs to rebuild, but that won't happen. I know it won't, even if they miss the playoffs.

I'm not sure if it's like this for every team, but 3on3 OT is just awful. For Columbus, every OT goal against comes from someone screwing up and they play going back the other way for the GW. It's really making me hate 3on3.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

I'm not sure if it's like this for every team, but 3on3 OT is just awful. For Columbus, every OT goal against comes from someone screwing up and they play going back the other way for the GW. It's really making me hate 3on3.

It's not as exciting as I might've expected. Possibly because of how tired they get, all the space in the world doesn't mask much of its sloppiness.

Etch me down in stone for ending games after 60 minutes with ties. How's about zero points for a tie. Screw'em.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/after-john-scott-vote--nhl-will-limit-all-star-game-fan-influence--report-043900650.html

Obviously no one in the NHL could have saw this coming with the current structure of the All Star game voting. It's a shame they will be limiting it, I was hoping for more 4chan esque voting shenanigans with the NHL All Star game fan voting.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Never thought I'd quite get to the point that I'm hoping the Sharks miss the playoffs again, but this team just isn't going anywhere with lack of production for the bottom six and somehow laying huge dumps on their own ice. I don't think they played bad versus Detroit last night, because Mrazek had some stone cold stops later in the game, but for every flicker of hope, like a tough match here or a comeback win versus LA, we see nothing but lackluster effort versus the Winnipegs and Colorados of the league. If I was Pavs or Couture, I'd start to consider the possibility of asking for a trade for prospects so they can actually get a decent shot at winning a title.

They did just win a home game, but the problems are still there. The team needs to rebuild, but that won't happen. I know it won't, even if they miss the playoffs.

Before yesterday's game, Marleau, Pavs, Thornton and Burns had 24 out of the last 36 goals. You aren't getting anywhere with bottom six production like that. So yes, I will take a pour or two from that bottle because how I feel the morning after is pretty much how I've felt as a Sharks fan the last six years.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

No one is ever as good or as bad as they seem at a given moment in time, but I think a lot of people (I did!) picked the Panthers to make the playoffs before the season began. They'll make it in, but I don't think they'll win the division.

I just don't want to hear about what a brilliant general manager Dale Tallon is. He's good, hardly great. I believe this winning streak coincides with the Panthers banishing Dave Bolland to the land of wind and ghosts. When the impact players' contracts come due and you can't just fart around with an ocean of cap space paying Dave Bolland five or so million to go on phony-baloney "conditioning assignments," let's see what a great job Dale Tallon does.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Before yesterday's game, Marleau, Pavs, Thornton and Burns had 24 out of the last 36 goals. You aren't getting anywhere with bottom six production like that. So yes, I will take a pour or two from that battle because how I feel the morning after is pretty much how I've felt as a Sharks fan the last six years.

Also useful... Everclear is strong enough to use to set things on fire...

No one is ever as good or as bad as they seem at a given moment in time, but I think a lot of people (I did!) picked the Panthers to make the playoffs before the season began. They'll make it in, but I don't think they'll win the division.

I just don't want to hear about what a brilliant general manager Dale Tallon is. He's good, hardly great. I believe this winning streak coincides with the Panthers banishing Dave Bolland to the land of wind and ghosts. When the impact players' contracts come due and you can't just fart around with an ocean of cap space paying Dave Bolland five or so million to go on phony-baloney "conditioning assignments," let's see what a great job Dale Tallon does.

True, but they'll be out from under the Brian Campbell contract after this year. I haven't kept up on how much of a waste of space he is or isn't lately, but I feel like there have to be better ways to spend $7M.

Edit: Oy vey, it's been so long since the Sabres were good, that all of the ridiculous contracts their star players cashed in with are off the books: Drury, Briere, Campbell, and Vanek's RFA offer sheet from the Oilers.

Down 6-2 with 11 minutes left in the game, Patrick Roy pulls his goalie, because it is all he knows. I want him coaching the Avalanche forever.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

What a win for the boys today. Previous Caps teams would've given up after the third Rangers goal. Not these guys.

Also, I'm going to the Caps game tomorrow. Alex Ovechkin scored goals number 498 and 499 today. Things are falling into place.

Careful now... That's when everything goes wrong... (Trust me, I'm a Vikings fan...)

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Down 6-2 with 11 minutes left in the game, Patrick Roy pulls his goalie, because it is all he knows. I want him coaching the Avalanche forever.

The best part about this was that when he finally figured out that the Hawks were trying to get a hat trick for Kane or Hossa, he put the goalie back in just to spite them. Patrick Roy's approach to coaching is sort of like when you beat a video game but still have the freedom to go around inventing stupid little quests for yourself, like speed runs and not gaining experience points and stuff. Well, as one of the very best hockey players in history, Patrick Roy beat the game (and possibly his wife), and is now just DOIN' THANGS for his personal amusement.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Glad one of the clearest points mentioned - that not enough ppl cared seriously enough to vote for most deserving.

Hell, when I clicked my 20x votes for Jagr, even I thought it was a gag... until I, happily(!), saw him actually leading the Metro votes.

How's about the players & coaches vote, during training camp, for eligible fan votees... it's only 4 captains, & if that's from a more exclusive list of leaders & legends, so what. If there's breakout stars, they'll get picked by them again to fill the rosters.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

alex-ovechkin-500-goals-607x365.png

He did it. The greatest goalscorer of our generation scored number 500 last night... and I was there to see it. The stadium gave him a standing ovation for about 5 minutes and he deserves every bit of applause he gets. The Caps also eeked out a close, 7-1 win last night over the random guy off the street who wore Andrew Hammond's gear last night.

spacer.png

It's going to be so satisfying watching the Caps flame out in the second round of the playoffs.

Okay, granted, I laid it on a bit thick there with my post. But still, I've been watching the Caps since 2010-11, and this is the best team I've ever seen. I'm excited about it.

spacer.png

Archived