NHL 15-16: wife-beaters, adulterers, cokeheads, rapists, pill-poppers, AND METHODISTS

The_Admiral

John Scott's getting shipped off to the ass end of the continent while his wife is pregnant with twins because hockey fans wanted to do a fun thing with a meaningless exhibition game. This has got to be peak OITGDNHL until at least March or April.

Pregnant with twins and expecting any day now.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was a Puck Daddy initiative, correct? No sympathy.

Puck Daddy's podcast (Marek vs. Wyshynski with Jeff Marek of Sportsnet) was one of them, along with a couple other podcasts. Once r/hockey got a hold of it, that's what really spearheaded the vote totals.

It doesn't matter who started it. The NHL refusing to sleep in the bed they made over an exhibition that regularly features gimmicks during the shootout, goalies giving 0%, players wearing capes, using tiny sticks, and generally hoping everybody enjoys themselves and has a great time is beyond humiliating. The format of the ASG is itself a joke, what with the captains picking their players school-yard style, yet when the fans want this joke to pass, nobody is allowed to have fun because THIS IS SERIOUS.

What a total farce.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It doesn't matter who started it. The NHL refusing to sleep in the bed they made over an exhibition that regularly features gimmicks during the shootout, goalies giving 0%, players wearing capes, using tiny sticks, and generally hoping everybody enjoys themselves and has a great time is beyond humiliating. The format of the ASG is itself a joke, what with the captains picking their players school-yard style, yet when the fans want this joke to pass, nobody is allowed to have fun because THIS IS SERIOUS.

What a total farce.

And after initial mixed feelings, John Scott embraced it because it was what the fans wanted and his family told him to go have a good time.

So good job, NHL.

The schoolyard team-picking was actually a novel idea and such a good idea that the NFL stole it. This was having divisional teams play against each other three-on-three for one period at a time. All-Star Games don't have to be models of integrity but this format is stupid, and I don't think sending John Scott to it does anything to underscore the stupidity of anyone but the people who think we didn't go through this same stunt ten years ago with Rory Fitzpatrick.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

What a total farce.

And after initial mixed feelings, John Scott embraced it because it was what the fans wanted and his family told him to go have a good time.

So good job, NHL.

It's bad enough that John Scott will probably miss the birth of his kids so that he can report to St. Johns, a mere 5000mi away, but also that this is all happening because his All-Star captaincy is a facade & he's the face of a leaguewide embarrassment. I also wonder if this guy was like a puny forward instead of a guy known for beating people's faces in if the NHL would've let this slide.

The schoolyard team-picking was actually a novel idea and such a good idea that the NFL stole it. This was having divisional teams play against each other three-on-three for one period at a time. All-Star Games don't have to be models of integrity but this format is stupid, and I don't think sending John Scott to it does anything to underscore the stupidity of anyone but the people who think we didn't go through this same stunt ten years ago with Rory Fitzpatrick.

I totally missed that headline of the ASG format change. Why did they expect anyone to watch again?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

OITGDNHL. God forbid the fans want to have a little fun with this farce of a format. Just for that next year I'll start a campaign to elect Brian Strait if for no other reason then he can be a pylon in the skills competition.

Watch the league fill Scott's spot in the Pacific with Shane Doan, just to complete the double deuce.

Also, hey, here's a fun question no one will want to answer: If the league intervened to "orchestrate" this trade as Bob McKenzie says, so as to not befoul their Honky-Tonk Shinny Weekend, well, how much other orchestration and intervention have they performed?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Watch the league fill Scott's spot in the Pacific with Shane Doan, just to complete the double deuce.

Also, hey, here's a fun question no one will want to answer: If the league intervened to "orchestrate" this trade as Bob McKenzie says, so as to not befoul their Honky-Tonk Shinny Weekend, well, how much other orchestration and intervention have they performed?

Chris Paul to the Clippers?

twitter

Oddly, John Scott will not participate in the All-Star game for basketball reasons.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

According to Bob McKenzie, John Scott was asked by both the NHL and Coyotes to bow out of the ASG. He said no, and that's where his inclusion in this trade comes from. It doesn't sound like the Habs have any intention to use him and have already sent him to the AHL. If he isn't called up, he would be ineligible for the ASG.

You know, back during the Rory fiasco, the NHL just deleted the bot votes and/or generally re-rigged the voting to just keep him out.

How did their IT guys actually get worse in less than a decade?!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

This might not mean much coming from me, but everyone is just being pathetic. If the NHL didn't want him there, they should have kicked him out at the start. It's mind-boggling how they'd let it all settle with promotional uses and merchandise going on just to have him sent away a couple weeks later. If they were gonna wait this long they should have just rolled along with it., and hope that next year it will be different.

BUT

The people who are actually mad that he won't be there are being just as pathetic. You do realize he didn't deserve to be there in the first place, right? The NHL is a private company, they can do whatever they feel like doing. People need to realize that. If you want to boycott the game because YOU feel an injustice was made by not allowing him to play in the ASG, just remember that many people feel there was an injustice made when a bunch of jokers got him there in the first place.

If you're gonna make a vote, do it right. Everybody.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

This might not mean much coming from me, but everyone is just being pathetic. If the NHL didn't want him there, they should have kicked him out at the start. It's mind-boggling how they'd let it all settle with promotional uses and merchandise going on just to have him sent away a couple weeks later. If they were gonna wait this long they should have just rolled along with it., and hope that next year it will be different.

BUT

The people who are actually mad that he won't be there are being just as pathetic. You do realize he didn't deserve to be there in the first place, right? The NHL is a private company, they can do whatever they feel like doing. People need to realize that. If you want to boycott the game because YOU feel an injustice was made by not allowing him to play in the ASG, just remember that many people feel there was an injustice made when a bunch of jokers got him there in the first place.

You're as fun as a cancer diagnosis.

twitter

BUT

I guess trying to be civil and look at the issue from both sides was completely out of question, but I guess that dumbass comment was worth the likes, eh?

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

I haven't cared about the NHL since "My University of Phoenix Business class crunched the numbers and the Coyotes should stay," and I was intrigued by the John Scott. Now I'm just embarrassed for the league. They really can't help themselves, can they?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

BUT

I guess trying to be civil and look at the issue from both sides was completely out of question, but I guess that dumbass comment was worth the likes, eh?

Yeah, because it came your expense. Dumbass.

twitter

Archived