NHL 15-16: wife-beaters, adulterers, cokeheads, rapists, pill-poppers, AND METHODISTS

The_Admiral

I have an idea that the league will never adopt: Keep the 3-v-3 and bring back ties. That way there are far fewer ties.

The NFL, the largest league in the world (shut up, soccer people), still has ties and doesn't let it bother them. 3-v-3 reduces ties significantly but the shootout is stupid.

Yeah, but there have only been 20 ties over the last 41+ NFL seasons, and at one point they went 8 years without one. Think of how many hockey games went to shootout last year. Hell, think of how many playoff games went to multiple OT, even when they had 20 minute periods.

I agree that shootouts are dumb, but I reluctantly prefer them to teams having a bunch of ties. The Hawks went to shootout 12 times last year. I understand that teams would try harder in OT if they were five minutes from a tie, but I don't think they need to change this right now.

Proposal: 4-on-4 first five minutes; 3-on-3 next five, 2-on-2 next two, 1-on-1 final two. If the game is still tied after 14 minutes of overtime, it will be settled with a first-blood goalie slap fight.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I knew the Hurricanes were bad, but I didn't realize they were "Give Uncle Blowie an A" bad.

They're "Kris Versteeg, Nathan Gerbe, and Riley Nash in the top six" bad. And I thought their deal was always that they didn't care about defense or goaltending or fighting or any physicality whatsoever and just wanted to score goals like Big Daddy Red Wings! These guys blow!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Better idea for OT solutions:

First minute: 4 v 4

Second minute: 3 v 3

Third minute: Goalie v Goalie

Fourth minute: Two fans are selected from the crowd to represent each team and each takes alternating shots from center ice attempting to hit a small slot on a brand-emblazoned wooden board propped in front of the goal. First to score wins.

Fifth minute: Raffi Torres chases everyone on the ice with a baseball bat trying to inflict as much human destruction as possible, any injuries/murders committed are void in all courts under the new Gladiatorial Exemption Clause in NHL bylaw. Whichever team kills Raffi Torres first wins.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I knew the Hurricanes were bad, but I didn't realize they were "Give Uncle Blowie an A" bad.

They're "Kris Versteeg, Nathan Gerbe, and Riley Nash in the top six" bad. And I thought their deal was always that they didn't care about defense or goaltending or fighting or any physicality whatsoever and just wanted to score goals like Big Daddy Red Wings! These guys blow!

He was bad enough to be bought out by the tanking Sabres. That's bad.

Every year since 2010, like clockwork, Rocky Wirtz drops in for an interview with the Chicago Sun-Times (which he partially owns) to claim he's still losing $20 million a season on the Blackhawks. So, that's how much it means.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Barring some heroics, CHI/NYI is heading toward 3v3, so we get to see Crawford's awful black pads in extra time.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

And Patrick Kane scores the OT winner, as the Brooklyn crowd chants "No means no!" all night.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I watched the Rangers score 3 goals in negative five seconds, but I don't know how.

The Blue Jackets were up 2-1 with 3 minutes left (Saad scored a goal!) and lost 4-2 in regulation.

Hockey season is officially back.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I watched the Rangers score 3 goals in negative five seconds, but I don't know how.

The Blue Jackets were up 2-1 with 3 minutes left (Saad scored a goal!) and lost 4-2 in regulation.

Hockey season is officially back.

Yeah, about that. :censored: . Three goals in 1:17? With less than three minutes left in the game? :censored: . That's about all I got.

Baseball didn't exactly go like I wanted it to today either. Hopefully, you won't mind if I borrow your line...

I hate sports.

BB52Big.jpg

Just turned on the Coyotes/Kings game early in the second and it was 2-0 Arizona. It's now 4-0 Desert Dogs, Staples Center is quiet and a bit perturbed. There were a few boo birds when Quick let in the fourth goal.

Also what's the stance of the Coyotes new threads - at first glance they look like an old-timey baseball team on ice.

Sorry, what do they call it there. Collective?

I agree that shootouts are dumb, but I reluctantly prefer them to teams having a bunch of ties.

I'll take ties over the carnival games every damned day.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

And Patrick Kane scores the OT winner, as the Brooklyn crowd chants "No means no!" all night.

This is not true. They changed it up and chanted "We want Ice Girls" during tv timeouts.

Sadly there was no "Bring back Sparky" chant.

This is not true. They changed it up and chanted "We want Ice Girls" during tv timeouts.

You see, Brooklyn has a bit more sophisticated clientele than those commoners in Uniondale.

Better idea for OT solutions:

First minute: 4 v 4

Second minute: 3 v 3

Third minute: Goalie v Goalie

Fourth minute: Two fans are selected from the crowd to represent each team and each takes alternating shots from center ice attempting to hit a small slot on a brand-emblazoned wooden board propped in front of the goal. First to score wins.

Fifth minute: Raffi Torres chases everyone on the ice with a baseball bat trying to inflict as much human destruction as possible, any injuries/murders committed are void in all courts under the new Gladiatorial Exemption Clause in NHL bylaw. Whichever team kills Raffi Torres first wins.

Too harsh,but hey,I like it.

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

What did the thousands of empty seats chant? "Play more Best Coast"?

What did the thousands of empty seats chant? "Play more Best Coast"?

Please. All the 50-somethings from West Islip demand the constant hair rock playlist to make the move or else they're switching their fandom to the Devils. The move to Brooklyn was one thing. Changing that playlist? The final straw.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

I did hear a lot of indie during the game. They were songs I like, too, but man, I get it, sometimes a hockey game should sound like a hockey game.

What's with the car? What is this OHL crap? Do you win it if you hit it with a puck?

Archived