Fixing the NHL (COMPLETED)

T-ROY

I've been wanting to do this for a while and finally got around to finishing the project. Some teams will have completely new jerseys while others will just have tweaks. The Adidas branding is there since I expect teams to fix their identities once the new Adidas deal kicks in. The teams I'm leaving alone are:

- Chicago

- Dallas

- Detroit

- Edmonton

- Nashville

- New Jersey

- NY Islanders

- NY Rangers

- Philadelphia

- St. Louis

I'll start this off alphabetically with Anaheim:

zzTQAIt.png

It's basically a known fact that Anaheim has the worst logo in the NHL (don't get your panties in a bunch), so I really wanted to bring back the Mighty Duck logo. I also wanted to bring back the jade and eggplant color scheme that everyone loves. I tried out a new design for them that would showcase the color scheme the nicest while still trying to keep the look somewhat modern.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never knew it was a fact that the ducks have the worst logo. I actually love their new logos and colour scheme. I like your concept, but as an alternate to their existing jerseys. In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with their current uniforms. It's not like they're Buffalo.

I never knew it was a fact that the ducks have the worst logo. I actually love their new logos and colour scheme. I like your concept, but as an alternate to their existing jerseys. In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with their current uniforms. It's not like they're Buffalo.

That's definitely an unpopular opinion. But hey, agree to disagree.

That's a great start to this series. I wish the hockey sticks on the logo were yellow or gold but besides that, I have no complaints. I particularly like the 'jade' shoulder yoke on the home version.

My original thought process was to have yellow instead of the silver throughout the jersey, but I just felt that the yellow stood out too much.

i know everyone loves the eggplant but what if you went with green as a primary and orange as a secondary? or you can make an alternate with those colors

I might make alternates for this series, but I'd like to see how this is received beforehand. I want to play off the Mighty Ducks jerseys from the movie.

It's basically a known fact that Anaheim has the worst logo in the NHL.

I disagree.

I do like the concept, however. Have you thought about reversing the purple and teal? You know, like making the uniform teal and the stripes/yoke purple? While I did like the color scheme, I always thought the Ducks would've looked better if they made teal more prominent.

I think it's a nice and classy look. I feel like the Duck's have two really good identities that are both very unique, and this doesn't evoke either one. Sure, the colors and logo go back to the Mighty Duck years, but the jerseys don't. I'd try to get a good mix of their current jerseys and the jerseys from the Mighty years. I still think it's a really great concept, though.

Arizona:

7yjIQUf.png

Do to their not-so-impressive new jerseys, for the Coyotes I wanted to add the sand color in to the color scheme and bring back the kachina due to it being a big part of their history and being extremely unique. Also made the jumping Coyotes the main logo. It just looked nicer in the jerseys.

Welcome back to school folks! Here's my fix-up for the Bruins:

euKlBWo.png

Nothing major. I find the black cuffs unnecessary so I just axed them and fixed up the striping colors while changing the socks to match the striping of the jerseys. I also changed the pants logo to the bear logo. Just not too fond of circular logos on pants.

That's definitely an unpopular opinion. But hey, agree to disagree.

Sorry but I think you are the one in the "unpopular opinion" section...

Archived