SFCOM1's NFL {Old School with tweeks)

SFCOM1

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, staying in the NFC East one more time. Here are the Philladelphia Eagles!

Home

Eagles1.png

Road

Eagles2.png

I used the mid to late 70's early 80's style with a darker kelley green, and tweeked the old school wings on the helmet with a darker silver.

I delayed posting as I did not want to confuse this concept with the other, very excellent Eagles concept. That thread as a very good looking concept, similar to this one. But it's "Great Minds Think Alike!" time. This shows that those who are really into NFL uniforms care for uniforms that are classy and timeless. Not "trendy" or "cool looking" (i.e. Browns, and Jags).

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

Sorry for the lateness of posting more concepts real work (i.e. AMEX and my AZ High School umpiring assignments}, so here is the remainder of the NFC North

Green Bay Packers

Home

Green%20Bay1.png

Road

Green%20Bay2.png

Not much here, Used the Nike "Flywire" template, without the "wire" just the full Packer's collar. On the pants added a very thin "packers gold" stripe between the green and white for uniformity. Matched the striping pattern on the socks with the rest of the uniform.

Now for the Minnesota Vikings

Home

Vikings1.png

Road

Vikings2.png

This concept is a blending of the newer number set (which is very awesome IMHO) and faux old style vikings uniform. Northwestern striping, no borders, alternating colors. I darkened the purple close to the old "Purple People Eaters" era, a matte finish helmet so the color matches the jersey. Striping pattern matches from jersey, to pants, to socks. Road jersey has a purple "Flywire" collar, as the white collar just washes out the whole jersey, and with such a royal purple on the uniform set, it looks better. And finaly a road purple pant that dates back to their inception in the 1960's.

This was a real fun

OK, staying in the NFC East one more time. Here are the Philladelphia Eagles!

Home

Eagles1.png

Road

Eagles2.png

I used the mid to late 70's early 80's style with a darker kelley green, and tweeked the old school wings on the helmet with a darker silver.

I delayed posting as I did not want to confuse this concept with the other, very excellent Eagles concept. That thread as a very good looking concept, similar to this one. But it's "Great Minds Think Alike!" time. This shows that those who are really into NFL uniforms care for uniforms that are classy and timeless. Not "trendy" or "cool looking" (i.e. Browns, and Jags).

The only thing I would change is picking either shoulder or sleeve stripes, not both. I'd keep the shoulder stripes and lose the green edge on the sleeves. Otherwise, looks better than the real life Eagles.

87Redskins.png

And the last team in the NFC North

The Chicago Bears

Home

Bears1a.png

Road

Bears2a.png

Throwback

Bears3.png

This was though, much like Green Bay. The Bears uniform is iconic and nearly timeless. What I did is remove the "GSH" from the sleve striping. "Papa Bear" died two decades ago. Not to begruge the man but like the song from Frozen, Let it Go people. find another way to honor the man. Name the actual field at Soldier Field after him or something like that. I also broadened the striping on both the home and road pants. When I see the stripes I think "Monsters of the Midway!"

On the "Throwback" I put a plain orange "C" on the helmet, widened the striping on the sleves, added TV numbers, and put thinner stripes on the pants, adding white stripes between the navy and orange.

I can see that. On the other thread, it was virtualy identical so I kept my original idea up. My intent is to present fresh ideas (in my mind at least) and not to be percieved as coping others. And if I had a do over I would remove the green/gray stripe, keeping the shoulder stripes. I always like constructive coments and crittism, so I will also post the verison I wanted as well for comparison! :-D

Buster did give a good point.

So here is the Eagles concept revisioned.

Home

Eagles1a.png

Road

Eagles2a.png

I kept the shoulder stripes, pulled the sleve stripe off, and changed the socks stripe to match the shoulder stripes. A lot less clumky.

Just copy the template off the site. It's a common one. As for the GB alt., first off the previous one was ghastly, and the "new" one is worse. I just have not come up with one I would really like yet! Though I am still trying!

Buster did give a good point.

So here is the Eagles concept revisioned.

I kept the shoulder stripes, pulled the sleve stripe off, and changed the socks stripe to match the shoulder stripes. A lot less clumky.

Now it's perfect. Big upgrade from their swamp green uniform they have now.

87Redskins.png

Actually the Bears can't change the name of Soldier Field for two reasons: 1 the Stadium is an active memorial for American soldiers killed in the First World War and 2 the Chicago Park District not the Bears actually own the stadium. The Bears did, however, name their training facility Halas Hall.

Thanks, I was not aware of the stadium issue, but with "Halas Hall" the "memorial" on the jersey is not needed. Now they could put "GSH" banners up in Soldier Field as a link to the past (which I would say is more preferable) and is in good taste. Just my IMHO on this subject!

I dig both of your sets of Eagles' concepts, as well as the Packers and Bears (whom you had the good taste to basically leave alone) and the Vikings. Good work!

The only changes I would make to the Vikings' concepts are: (1) no stripes on the socks, (2) go back to gray facemasks and glossy or semi-glossy finish on the helmets, and (3) black shoes with white trim and laces for all of the players, just like in the Bud Grant era.

"This shows that those who are really into NFL uniforms care for uniforms that are classy and timeless. Not 'trendy' or 'cool-looking' (i.e. Browns and Jags)."

AMEN, BROTHER! :)

Thanks for the comments. I was thinking about the old style face mask color but sticking with updates and not a complete retread I decided to keep the darker mask. Also the Vikings could never match the color of the helmet with the jerseys on the shiny helmets. I just love the Royal purple I used, so I stuck with it! And I just love sock striping. Just my throwback to the past I personally miss! ;-)

What is so bad about the packers throwback?

If your talking about this years new throw back for the Packers, it's probably the helmet. Green and gold with blue and gold just ruins the whole set. If it where possible to have a pure throwback, helmet and all, the Packers would have a great throwback set, but the NFL ruined it with the one helmet rule, the same way they did the Redskins, Patriots, and Eagles throwbacks.

Here is the next series of concepts.

Starting off first: The Atlanta Falcons

Home

Falcons1.png

Road

Falcons2.png

Throwback

Falcons3.png

First off went back to the "Dirty Birds" era for the colors, used the modern logo and added a more traditional sleve striping to the jesreys.AS for the throwback/ I went back to the "Big Ben Lives!' era with a classic layout. Wish they (the NFL) would alow for a second "Throwback" helmet, but alas not. So I tweeked the old logo and helmet stripes to make a feasable look for the older jersey set.

Archived